Windows 7 Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 Crashes

Kcarpenter

This probably applies to a limited number of people, but--- Has anyone been able to synch a WM Device in 7 yet? My WMDC 6.1 crashes everytime. Any one have any ideas? Can't find any one else having this problem...which seems discourageing.
I NEED TO SYNCH MY IPAQ!!! HELP!!!! I am truely lost with out my calander and contacts in 14 places :)

I am experiencing the same issue with WMDC failing. I have a Moto Q9c. My device shows up in the Device Manager, and have the latest Windows update driver. Looking forward to a build or device driver fix.

I had the same issue. I uninstalled Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1, rebooted, reconnected my HTC Touch HD and Windows 7 seems to have some inbuilt version of WMDC. My works now.

Ozmael

Synching my HTC 8525 that has WM6.1 works fine. Everything synch's even with my exchange server in Outlook.

I didn't install anything I just connected my phone and let it do its thing with the built in windows device center.

Hi, the following steps solved the problem for me.
If Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 is installed, uninstall it. (Windows 7 has its own Active sync or WMDC capability). Disconnect your device or ipaq. On your device go to "settings", then to "connections", then tap the "USB to PC" icon. Make sure the "enable advanced network functionality" is UNCHECKED. Tap "OK" at the right top bottom. Now reconnect your device. After a few moments Windows 7 now will automatically configure your device and install/update drivers. Hope it works for you.

Hi,

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but I cant install Mobile Device Centre 6.1. Each time I have downloaded it it fails to run. I have tried downloading drvupdate-x86.exe then running it in Vista compatability mode. I get the UAC pop up then a brief Windows Mobility Centre has stopped working before it disappears.

Any ideas?? Running Windows 7 32bit.

Currently I cant use my XDA with my laptop. If I leave my USB to PC settings with Enable Advanced network functionality ticked I get a Generic RNDIS device failed to install - unticked I get a generic serial device which also fails to install.

Works fine on my Vista (32bit) install........???

Device Centre Error Report - incase it helps.

My laptop was able to see the phone (XDA) via bluetooth so I thought I'd give that a go. It paired ok with a passkey but then failed (again) to install a driver. Below is the trouble shooting report.

Device CenterPublisher details
Issues foundProblem with device driver
Problem with device driver
There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device. The driver needs to be reinstalled.
Not fixed
error.png

Reinstall device driver
Succeeded

check.png

Problem with PnP devices
Problem with PnP devices
There are problems with some PnP devices. Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot these devices.
Detected
warning.png

Issues foundDetection details
Problem with device driverNot fixed
error.png

There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device. The driver needs to be reinstalled.
info.png

Device information
Name:Bluetooth Peripheral DeviceID:BTHENUM\{831C4071-7BC8-4A9C-A01C-15DF25A4ADBC}_LOCALMFG&000F\7&346F3055&0&001783EE4F14_C00000000Error code:28Reinstall device driverSucceeded
check.png

There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.

Problem with PnP devicesDetected
warning.png

There are problems with some PnP devices. Windows will take additional steps to further troubleshoot these devices.

Detection details
collapse.png

Collection informationComputer Name: UBERLAPTOPWindows Version:6.1
Architecture:x86
Time:Monday, January 19, 2009 3:15:20 PM

Publisher details
collapse.png

Device CenterFix problems with devices in Device Center.Package Version:6.1.7000.0
Publisher:Microsoft Windows
Device CenterFix problems with devices in Device Center.Package Version:1.0
Publisher:Microsoft Corporation
Hardware and DevicesUse hardware and access devices connected to your computer.Package Version:6.1.7000.0

Last edited:
BeeBugMatt, as the previous replies on this post point out, do NOT install Windows Mobile Device Center on Win7. There is a new version of WMDC built into Win7 which should come up automatically after you connect your WinMo device.

BeeBugMatt, as the previous replies on this post point out, do NOT install Windows Mobile Device Center on Win7. There is a new version of WMDC built into Win7 which should come up automatically after you connect your WinMo device.

Okay, I connected the PPC and the OS sees it, but nothing pops up to sync. I had the WMDC working, but now I get sync errors every time I connect. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and unchecked advanced connectivity...

Any ideas?

Okay, I connected the PPC and the OS sees it, but nothing pops up to sync. I had the WMDC working, but now I get sync errors every time I connect. I've uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and unchecked advanced connectivity...

Any ideas?

Click Start and in the Search box, type 'Device Center'. When the Mobile Device Center icon appears in the list, click on it. This will load Mobile Device Center. When WMDC comes up, you may need to establish a partnership with your device. After that, it should pop up automatically.

Yeah I see that now but device centre wont install my phones drivers either. Please read my whole post before answering. All that error log is from the inbuilt version and not the VISTA 6.1 version.

My question is what to do if the inbuild Device Centre DOESNT automatically install the drivers correctly???? Because I tried the inbuilt one first then after reading around I tried downloading 6.1 but this wont install.

So I uninstalled it, and searched, and now it makes the bad tone when I connect my phone and I can't change any settings because I'm not an admin...

Activesync, where are thou? WMDC blows chunks...

Hi, the following steps solved the problem for me.
If Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 is installed, uninstall it. (Windows 7 has its own Active sync or WMDC capability). Disconnect your device or ipaq. On your device go to "settings", then to "connections", then tap the "USB to PC" icon. Make sure the "enable advanced network functionality" is UNCHECKED. Tap "OK" at the right top bottom. Now reconnect your device. After a few moments Windows 7 now will automatically configure your device and install/update drivers. Hope it works for you.

I uninstalled all traces on Mobile Device Center, unchecked USB-to-PC setting and rebooted. When I plug in my i-Mate Ultimate 8502 I end up with a "Generic Serial" device in Device Manager that fails to load the device driver. I can't seem to fix it. The Event Viewer says:- Driver Management concluded the process to install driver NULL Driver for Device Instance ID USB\VID_1AFA&PID_00CE\E6461300-3A05-0801-001A-5D10239D001A with the following status: 0xe0000203. Any clues would be gratefully received.

Solution On Windows 7 32 & 64 Bit

Download the Windows Mobile Device Center for "VISTA". I have tested both on Windows 7 (86 and 64) and they work perfectly. Remember, download the Vista version. Hope this helps you guys.:D

Not sure if this has been addressed yet, but I cant install Mobile Device Centre 6.1. Each time I have downloaded it it fails to run. I have tried downloading drvupdate-x86.exe then running it in Vista compatability mode. I get the UAC pop up then a brief Windows Mobility Centre has stopped working before it disappears.

Any ideas?? Running Windows 7 32bit.

Currently I cant use my XDA with my laptop. If I leave my USB to PC settings with Enable Advanced network functionality ticked I get a Generic RNDIS device failed to install - unticked I get a generic serial device which also fails to install.

Works fine on my Vista (32bit) install........???

Device Centre Error Report - incase it helps.

My laptop was able to see the phone (XDA) via bluetooth so I thought I'd give that a go. It paired ok with a passkey but then failed (again) to install a driver. Below is the trouble shooting report.

Device CenterPublisher details
Issues foundProblem with device driver
Problem with device driver
Not fixed
error.png

Reinstall device driver
Succeeded

check.png

Problem with PnP devices
Problem with PnP devices
Detected
warning.png

Issues foundDetection details
Problem with device driverNot fixed
error.png

info.png

Device information
Name:Bluetooth Peripheral DeviceID:BTHENUM\{831C4071-7BC8-4A9C-A01C-15DF25A4ADBC}_LOCALMFG&000F\7&346F3055&0&001783EE4F14_C00000000Error code:28Reinstall device driverSucceeded
check.png

There is a problem with the driver for Bluetooth Peripheral Device. Reinstalling the driver might fix this problem.

Problem with PnP devicesDetected
warning.png

Detection details
collapse.png

Collection informationComputer Name: UBERLAPTOPWindows Version:6.1
Architecture:x86
Time:Monday, January 19, 2009 3:15:20 PM

Publisher details
collapse.png

Device CenterFix problems with devices in Device Center.Package Version:6.1.7000.0
Device CenterFix problems with devices in Device Center.Package Version:1.0
Publisher:Microsoft Corporation
Hardware and DevicesUse hardware and access devices connected to your computer.Package Version:6.1.7000.0
Publisher:Microsoft Windows[/QUOTE]

Back