Windows 8 Windows Phone 8/8.1 help needed

Go for android its good, i am using android from last few years and its working fine. i just love it
Couldn't possibly be more off-topic.
This is a Windows Phone Thread.
Nothing wrong with android phones if that's your thing but it's just not particularly applicable.

**SOLVED** I don't want anything to do with Apple or Google. In February I'm getting a 2nd Lumia, as I'm no longer a Windows Phone 8.1 newbie. In February the 521 retires and I move to a 1320. Would get a 1520 but, I can't afford it.I've already gotten a hybrid rubberized case w/kickstand and a belt clip for the 1320. It being a 6" inch smartphone isn't too big for my hands. I'm also going to be dropping Walmart Family Mobile/T-Mobile and go with AT&T's Cricket Wireless

Do they not have straight talk in your area (Walmart)....it's also with AT&T. All in one plan - Talk, Text and Unlimited Data use for $45. Although in our area, the AT&T coverage is not that particularly good as compared to Verizon with dead zones/spots, even though they are supposed to be using the same towers....go figure.

I think so. The Lumia 1320 RM-995 I'm getting works on AT&T/Cricket and T-Mobile's 4G LTE bands. Walmart Family Mobile even though it's through T-Mobile, doesn't offer the 4G LTE. It only has regular 4G. Plus the data is only 2.5 gbs. Cricket's is 3 gbs. My internet is now AT&T anyway. Currently 24 mbps. Even though speed test often shows it at 30 mbps. After I have the 1320 out of the way, I'm going to upgrade my AT&T speed.

I also checked Crickets site map for coverage and it cover's every where AT&T does. Also, the fees they state for their service, reflect the actual fee. Walmart Family Mobile/T-Mobile don't. My unlimited service is advertised for $39.95 monthly. Yet it actually cost's $45.85 + tax monthly. The Cricket plan I'm going to get with the phone is $50.00 monthly flat. Here's a link to their site if your interested. https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-phone-plans

I use the lumia 520 and my child tax has the 530... like 8.1, once you get used to using them, you tend to find they are a very good system.

ussnorway: We've currently basically have the same phone. The 521 is the T-Mobile version of the 520. I think the only difference between the two, if I remember correctly is tge 521 supposedly can get low level 4G (no LTE) and the 520 can't. I don't understand one thing Microsoft is doing with the newer Lumia's. Every Lumia under Microsoft, only has 4GBs. of internal storage. Considering our older Nokia Lumia's have 8GBs. on board. Granted, here's what they want you to think : The newer 2014-15 model's can use a 128GB microSD card. I'm almost positive, any Lumia that's running Windows Phone 8.1 can use the 128GB. microSD cards, too. That's a feature in Windows Phone 8.1 that wasn't in WP 8.

ussnorway: We've currently basically have the same phone. The 521 is the T-Mobile version of the 520. I think the only difference between the two, if I remember correctly is tge 521 supposedly can get low level 4G (no LTE) and the 520 can't.
Yes that sounds about right... I don't need 4G in outback nsw so that doesn't stress me.

p.s. The full specs for lumia 520 =
http://www.gsmarena.com/nokia_lumia_520-5322.php

I personally can't wait until I get the 1320. From what I heard WP 8 didn't render certain things good on the 1320 or 1520, as far as the view. WP 8.1 fixed that. Plus my eyesight is poor and the bigger screen will be useful to me. Especially, as I'm on Social Security and Medicare or Medicaid doesn't cover eyeglasses. My lenses on my glasses went bad and they cost me over $450.00 in 2005. I need a bunch of things on my glasses due to my diabetes that jacks the price up. Lenses that are polarized bi-focals and that automatically turn into sunglasses, due to having had laser surgery to both eye's for my diabetes. I have cataracts in both eye's, too.

Look into getting shooting glasses, imo they are worth the money and will probably out live you… literally bullet proof!

I hope you get your phone any way m8.

Yhanks ussnorway. I'll look into that sometime after New Years. I still have the 1320 and a few pc upgrades I want to get out of the way first. The 1320 is first. Then a 2nd ssd for my desktop to replace my old, too small Vertex3 128GB. I'm either getting a 2nd Samsung 840 Pro 256GB. for my games or one of the new Corsair Neutron's I heard about earlier today. A Corsair Neutron (forget the series name) 480GB. is roughly the same as the 256GB. Samsung 840 Pro. Then I want to upgrade my desktop's tv tuner and then get a portable DVD-RW/Blu-ray drive for my laptop. I als have to renew my Office 365 next month.

Back
Top Bottom