RockHisFlock

I have windows vista on a dv9000 17" laptop, and my computer starts up normally, gets to the login screen, and then when I type my password and hit enter, it comes up with this message:

"Windows Security:
The system could not access the VeriSoft server.

If the problem persists, please contact your system administrator."

The computer still loads in safe mode, and I've looked up this VeriSoft fingerprint security thingy, but I can't figure out how to fix it. So far, I've tried to remove Verisoft program, turn the program off, and restore computer to an earlier date, all in vain. Anyone had a similar problem or any suggestion of who or how I can get this solved?

Yes, I think you should call the "HP ON-LINE CHAT" 1-800-888-0262. They may walk you through proper procedures.

Solution
Yah, I've already considered calling technical support, but the laptop is just over the 1 year warranty and I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Try checking the website to see if there's a FAQ. You never know there may be an easy answer.
I did a quick check and found this:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

and this:
Link Removed - Invalid URL

If the answer isn't found in the above two pages you still may be able to navigate from there to a page thats more help.

That was a bit of work, it's like trying to bleed a rock trying to get information about security from HP. I still think they'll help you if you e-mail HP, it's there product.

Back