Windows 10 Windows special folders - Help

XGrzesX

Special folders are included by default in Windows:
C:\Users\...\Pictures
C:\Users\...\Videos
C:\Users\...\Documents

In Windows 10 Polish version, the following folders are visible in the file explorer in "Ten komputer" (polish name for "This computer") and in "Bibliotek" (polish name for "Libraries"):
"Obrazy" - polish name, pointing to the directory C:\Users\...\Pictures
"Wideo" - polish name, pointing to the directory C:\Users\...\Videos
"Dokumenty" - polish name, pointing to the directory C:\Users\...\Documents

After installing a program, my names changed into "Ten komputer" and in "Bibliotek" from "Obrazy", "Wideo", "Dokumenty" to "Pictures", "Videos", "Documents",
They point to the same directories as before.

What to do to restore the previous state, that is, in "Ten komputer" and in "Bibliotek" you can see "Obrazy", "Wideo" and "Dokumenty" which will point to folders.
Zrzut ekranu 2022-01-14 085822.jpg

Welcome to this forum.

I think you have tried this already, but I don't have a better answer:

Go to 'All settings' in the bottom right corner of the main screen, select 'Time and Language', than 'Language' and in there you will find all kind of settings. Try some. And if that not helps you may think of switching to English and back to Polish.
It are just guesses..

Welcome to this forum.

I think you have tried this already, but I don't have a better answer:

Go to 'All settings' in the bottom right corner of the main screen, select 'Time and Language', than 'Language' and in there you will find all kind of settings. Try some. And if that not helps you may think of switching to English and back to Polish.
It are just guesses..
I only have Polish language installed in Windows and I think I'd rather avoid installing the English language package.

Does right clicking on Libraries and choosing Reset Default Libraries solve the problem?

And if that does not help, can't you rename those maps to the names you want them to have?
To do that,
either
right click the map and select Rename,
or
if it is not a map, click it, go one step up in the tree by clicking on 'arrow up', and rename it from there.
Again a guess..

And if that does not help, can't you rename those maps to the names you want them to have?
To do that,
either
or
if it is not a map, click it, go one step up in the tree by clicking on 'arrow up', and rename it from there.
Again a guess..
what map is it about?
To do that,
either
or
Again a guess..
what map is it about?

A folder contains the names of the files it contains, and a folder itself is also file (or map) with a name which can be changed.
In your picture they are the yellow envelopes, Biblioky is one of them, Pictures is not one of them. Nivigate to Pictures, go from there one level up, there you wil find the yellow envelope named Pictures which you can rename to whatever you like.
Hope this helps

Last edited:
A folder contains the names of the files it contains, and a folder itself is also file (or map) with a name which can be changed.
In your picture they are the yellow envelopes, Biblioky is one of them, Pictures is not one of them. Nivigate to Pictures, go from there one level up, there you wil find the yellow envelope named Pictures which you can rename to whatever you like.
Hope this helps

This place was it? Pictures cannot be renamed there:

As I can see from here, navigate to 'Obrazy' open it by double click on it, there you should find a file called 'Pictures' with the yellow icon of an envelope which you can rename.

As I can see from here, navigate to 'Obrazy' open it by double click on it, there you should find a file called 'Pictures' with the yellow icon of an envelope which you can rename.
but I don't want to rename the c:\users\Grzesiek\Pictures folder to c:\users\Grzesiek\Obrazy.

I dont know the Polish word for 'pictures', I have misunderstand you, sorry.
To rename a directory you have to find the file which contains it and rename that file. That is all I can think of.

Last edited:
I dont know the Polish word for 'pictures', I have misunderstand you, sorry.
To rename a directory you have to find the file which contains it and rename that file. That is all I can think of.
I want to rename the displayed folder in "This Computer" without renaming this folder on the drive in c:\Users.

Sorry, but I have told you everything I could think of.
After installing a program, my names changed into "Ten komputer" and in "Bibliotek" from "Obrazy", "Wideo", "Dokumenty" to "Pictures", "Videos", "Documents",
They point to the same directories as before.

You installed a program. I suggest contacting the manufacturer, if that caused it, let them solve it. Period.

Back
Top Bottom