Windows 8 Windows Task Scheduler - Event on plug in HeadPhone

Tom54200

Hello everybody,
I try to schedule an action with the windows task scheduler.
However, I don't know how to find the event : " A new jack has been connected"
Can somebody help me ?
Thanks

to find the event : " A new jack has been connected"
No such event... The task schedular can run at "set time of day" or "when someone logs on + * hours" or "on demand", there may be a way to work around it by force the user to log back in after a new jack is put in.

p.s the MTS is not very mupet friendly so it would help to know more about what software/ service you want to run and why?

Thanks for the answer, but It is possible to create a trigger on an event like "devices event". The list is too long, I need help to find the good one.
I juste want to switch the default "Playback device" between HeadPhone or Bluetooth when I plug a Jack.

It is possible to create a trigger on an event like "devices event". The list is too long, I need help to find the good one.

Ok yes that’s possible because it should have a prompt but your doing it abit ass about… you start with the event, then make a task eg. I'll use a plug and play (joystick) device.

Open device manager, [windows key] + [x] then press [m]

Wait for the device to be added as you plug it in

1. Once you have identified it, select it… right click and goto the properties

2. In the events tab should normally be two events a device was started and a driver was loaded… 400 and 410 in this example.

3. Select the device started event and click the "view all events" button to be taken to a temp display in the event manager

4. From this screen you can press the "attach task to this event" (lower right hand side) option to fire the wizard.
mts.png

Back
Top Bottom