Windows 10 Windows Update 4-2018 screwed up my Stereo Mix device..

Torah613

I upgraded Windows 10 to the April 2018 upgrade, after turning off the option to have the update also include the application drivers.

Now, my stereo mix device is giving me problems when I try to access it with my Audio Recorder Pro software. The software is saying that it cannot record stereo mix, and to check the configuration, Etc.

I made sure Stereo Mix is enabled, but the audio recorder is still giving me the error message when I attempt to select it as the audio source.

What can I do to get the Stereo Mix to be usable again?

Attachments

• Windows 10 Update Piece of Sh--.jpg
    Windows 10 Update Piece of Sh--.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 542
Considering you turned off update the application drivers I'd suggest updating the drivers. For the most part things work after an upgrade; however, I've seen a couple of applications that have drivers fail and simply either need to be re-installed or the drivers installed.

Considering you turned off update the application drivers I'd suggest updating the drivers. For the most part things work after an upgrade; however, I've seen a couple of applications that have drivers fail and simply either need to be re-installed or the drivers installed.

How do I unonstall/reinstall my Stereo Mix driver. What are the steps.

Can you uninstall the Audio Recorder Pro, and then reinstall it again? When you reinstall the Audio Recorder Pro, maybe it will re-configure the audio devices for you.

And if this cannot help, you can try to go to device manager to update the audio drivers.

Wish this can help.

Back