Windows 8 WIndows update error

SereneTW

Hello, guys
I was upgrading windows through USB bootable disk(PC doesnt have DVD drive). I got a error in the middle. Now I cannot upgrade or install new copy.
When upgrading It says" THe computer started using the Windows Installation disc. Remove the installation disc and restart your computer so that windows starts normally. Then, insert the installation disc and restart the upgrade.
The problem is I cannot start windows normally.
First it said that windows cannot be found. So i went to recovery mode and renamed windows.old to windows.
Now it loads but when I enter password in my profile it says user profile service cannot be found. (User login)

When i click custom(fresh windows installation it says that some files are missing. I download different version of windows and it still gives me the problem

Can anyone help? I really need help because its not my PC. Can we do something through recovery.

Last edited:
What did you use to create a bootable USB drive? Where are you getting your windows OS download from?

Try using Rufus instead of that windows version...it's known to have issues. I use it all the time and it works flawlessly and it's widely recommended.

Where are you getting your copy of windows from? Are you sure you have the right OS bit type for your system?

First...that XP download is just the SP3, it's not the OS.

Second... are you wanting to dual boot 7 with 8 as you are asking for help in the 8 forum topic?

Third...after download the ISO and creating a bootable USB drive with rufus, are you changing the boot order to boot from the USB drive?

Oops sorry wrong thread. (wanted to post on windows 7). I have made a xp bootable USB and trying to install it.
Wish me luck.

I installed xp but with many problems. Cannot access system applications. I think i can now upgrade to win 7. Will try it later.
Thanks

Back