Windows 10 Windows updates and fixes for other Microsoft products

Ross and Jet

This is a strange one to explain.

I would like to install the Microsoft downloads for other products other than windows 10 e.g. for Word 16 pro and others but when I untick the box to allow the installations’ am hit with a flood of updates and one of them has an adverse effect on my Word and Excel effectively rendering them unusable.

I know which install is the offending one KB44755514 but I am unable to delete it until it has been installed.

Now, when all the updates have been installed I cannot see the offending one unless I delete about 30 other installed items before it comes into view for its turn to get deleted.

If I leave the box ticked to allow these downloads in the future the offending one just keeps on trying to install and the process starts all over again.

Is there a way to delete it before it installs??

I hope you are able to understand what I am trying to do.

Arthur

You have to update Office from with in Office itself. It's part of the integration of Office 365. Open up Word, click on file, settings and go to account then click on update tab on the right.

Neemobeer, it freezes.
bassfisher6522, the office I am running is; Office 16 home and student. there is no setting in the file section Just account and options, no update.
The only update I can find is in security and updates, advanced section. Turn on to allow other Microsoft products and fixes to download.

You have to update Office 2016 from with in Office. Office does not update through the WU (windows update) channel

The steps I outlined are from memory as I don't use it anymore. I had Office 2016 Pro Plus. Open up word, click the file tab, click on accounts, then office updates...

Sorrybassfisher, I have not been able to find a way to update Office 16 other than turning on the tab in Update and Security advanced, if I do that I am back to the problem in my 1st post.
I have done a screen print to show what I get when I click on the account button, no update option.
1596110141263.png

Do you think Microsoft would turn off the offending download?

regards
Arthur

Thank you for your input, although I was unable to update or repair my Office 16 in the normal way, I have managed to get many of the updates via the windows update, advanced options.
I now know the reason my office stopped working when KB44755514 installed. At the point that this installed, I got an error message saying that Microsoft could not find the validation key or it had expired and Office would now close, even though I have the key. Once KB44755514 was uninstalled all was ok.
I think maybe it is time to replace Office 16!!

Thank you all again
Arthur
1596397032924.png

Sorrybassfisher, I have not been able to find a way to update Office 16 other than turning on the tab in Update and Security advanced, if I do that I am back to the problem in my 1st post.
I have done a screen print to show what I get when I click on the account button, no update option.
View attachment 39304
Do you think Microsoft would turn off the offending download?

regards
Arthur
Looks like MS changed that. There used to be 4 options where it says/shows "About Word". This was under 1909. What version are you running.....1909 or 2004?

Back
Top Bottom