Windows 7 Windows virtual PC loading issue

Clanofwolves

I am installing "Windows XP Mode - Windows Virtual PC" that gets stuck in "Starting the virtual machine..." as it keeps trying to do this work over and over to infinity; help!

The computer is a 2012 i5 MacBook Pro with 16ram and I have Windows 7 loaded on Parallels 11.

Any ideas??

XP does not have drivers for most new equipment so you'll need to set the virtual environment up with this in mind

XP does not have drivers for most new equipment so you'll need to set the virtual environment up with this in mind
Ah, I figured that Windows might have known that designing the software. With that in mind, what direction should I go? (sorry to ask such potentially uneducated questions :)

In a VM, the hardware is emulated and the hardware that is emulated is pretty generic so that the OS will most likely include the needed drivers. This is especially true with XP Mode since it is a "canned" VM from Microsoft.

I have no idea why you are encountering that issue. Have you checked any Mac forums to see if you can get some Mac specific help regarding this? There must be other Mac users that have gotten it to work.

Back