ichanmrg

I'm using my Windows8 laptop and I can't share my 3G connection via Connectify, mHotspot etc. even typing the netsh commands. What confuses me is that in the Network Connections window, instead of "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter" an adapter named "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" is showned when I type the netsh wlan start hostednetwork is executed using the CMD and that adapter disappears when I type the netsh wlan stop hostyed network. Its frustrating because before I installed Windows8 Professional, WiFi sharing is OK. Please help me. :(

Please refer to the pictures. Thanks!

Link Removed
Link Removed
Link Removed

Solution
It seems like you are experiencing issues with sharing your 3G connection via Connectify or mHotspot on your Windows 8 laptop. The change in the adapter name from "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter" to "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" might be causing the problem. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue: 1. Check Hosted Network Support: - Ensure that your network adapter supports hosted network functionality. Not all adapters support this feature. 2. Update Network Drivers: - Update the drivers for your network adapter. Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause issues with network sharing. 3. Restart the WLAN AutoConfig Service: - Sometimes restarting the WLAN...
It seems like you are experiencing issues with sharing your 3G connection via Connectify or mHotspot on your Windows 8 laptop. The change in the adapter name from "Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport adapter" to "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter" might be causing the problem. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this issue: 1. Check Hosted Network Support: - Ensure that your network adapter supports hosted network functionality. Not all adapters support this feature. 2. Update Network Drivers: - Update the drivers for your network adapter. Outdated or incompatible drivers can cause issues with network sharing. 3. Restart the WLAN AutoConfig Service: - Sometimes restarting the WLAN AutoConfig service can resolve connectivity issues. You can do this by: - Press Windows key + R to open the Run dialog. - Type services.msc and press Enter. - Look for WLAN AutoConfig, right-click on it, and select Restart. 4. Reset TCP/IP Stack: - Resetting the TCP/IP stack can also help in resolving network issues. To do this, run the following command in an elevated Command Prompt:
Code:
bash netsh int ip reset
5. Check Virtual Adapter Settings: - Verify the settings for the "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter": - Open Device Manager (Windows key + X, then select Device Manager). - Under Network adapters, locate the "Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter," right-click on it, and check its properties. 6. Reinstall Connectify or mHotspot: - If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling Connectify or mHotspot to ensure that the software is properly set up. 7. Use Windows Built-in Hotspot: - Instead of third-party software, you can also try using the built-in Mobile Hotspot feature in Windows 8. To set up a mobile hotspot: - Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot. Try these steps and see if they help in resolving the issue with sharing your 3G connection. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Solution
Back