Windows XP WinXP in VBox internet for google but nothing else?

anotherwindowsuser

Hi,

I have finally got around to trying to use the software I Wanted to use in winxp however as the software has a virus in it I wanted to install a virus checker first, however despite the vbox giving it internet access, I can only seem to access google.com which does work because I can put a search term in it and is shows the results. However avg, bbc.co.uk and sky news wont load up, I just get a weird connection error issue. SP 3 was installed successfully, do these sites not load up because they need added security downloaded from the MS website? I didn't want to go downloading updates of MS prematurely because the software itself might not work (remember I am using winxp because its old software). Thanks in advance for any advice.

As its a vbox the virus issue dont really matter, just wondered why no internet for the other sites.

Last edited:
Solution
Did you update the security certs in google? This has to be done or it wont connect because all the certs are expired. Use a current google browser and go to privacy and security - then security and scroll to advanced - manage certificates. There are several tabs - export the certs from each one and name them so you know where they go. Open google in XP and find the certs - delete them (shift to select multiples works here) and then import the new ones you just exported from a current browser. Problem solved. I am assuming your using an XP compatible version of google.

Solution

Thanks for your response however this is no longer an issue.