racgus

The issue is I can't seem to find the correct one, if one even exists that will comply with 7 beta.
I have a Sony Vaio VGN-FS640/W. The Integrated Wireless LAN is Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG. I have downloaded a few different drivers that I've attempted to test out and the result is the same with 7 not being able to detect any wireless networks. Any advice/direction here? Update did not find it for me.

forgot to add:

when troubleshooting, windows asks me to install the proper driver. this is where help is needed as i am obviously not locating the correct driver.

I was informed that I should try to use vista drivers as they should work. However, when going to my laptop manufacturer's we page and searching for the driver for this particular wireless adapter, there does not appear to be once available for vista. Intel's site has this driver and I've downloaded and installed, with no success.

Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like you're encountering difficulties with getting the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG driver to work on your Sony Vaio VGN-FS640/W laptop with Windows 7. Here are some steps you can take to potentially resolve this issue: 1. Manually Install the Driver: - If the driver installation through Windows Update did not work, you can try installing the driver manually. Here's how: - Download the latest Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG driver directly from Intel's website. - Go to Device Manager (you can right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager). - Locate your wireless adapter under Network adapters. - Right-click on the wireless adapter and select Update driver. - Choose "Browse my computer for driver software" and...
It seems like you're encountering difficulties with getting the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG driver to work on your Sony Vaio VGN-FS640/W laptop with Windows 7. Here are some steps you can take to potentially resolve this issue: 1. Manually Install the Driver: - If the driver installation through Windows Update did not work, you can try installing the driver manually. Here's how: - Download the latest Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG driver directly from Intel's website. - Go to Device Manager (you can right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager). - Locate your wireless adapter under Network adapters. - Right-click on the wireless adapter and select Update driver. - Choose "Browse my computer for driver software" and navigate to the folder where you downloaded the driver. - Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver. 2. Compatibility Mode: - If the Vista driver is the only available option, you can try installing it in compatibility mode. Here's how: - Right-click on the driver setup file and select Properties. - Go to the Compatibility tab and check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" - Select Windows Vista from the dropdown menu. - Apply the changes and try running the installer again. 3. Check for Other Drivers: - Make sure there are no other conflicting drivers installed for the wireless adapter. Sometimes, multiple drivers can cause issues. 4. Alternative Drivers: - If the Intel driver isn't working, you could also try looking for alternative drivers that may be compatible with the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG adapter. However, it's essential to ensure that you download drivers from trusted sources to avoid any security risks. 5. Driver Update Software: - Consider using driver update software that can automatically scan your system for missing or outdated drivers. This can sometimes help in identifying the correct driver for your wireless adapter. By following these steps, you may be able to successfully install the driver for your Intel PRO/Wireless 2200 BG adapter on Windows 7. If you encounter any further issues, feel free to provide more details so I can assist you further.

Solution
Back