Windows 7 WMP 12 exits fullscreen

kehax

Hi.

I have recently encountered a problem with WMP 12. When watching a movie or a TV-series file the media player exits fullscreen automaticly. When watching a 1h 30m film the fullscreen exits about five times during the whole movie.

I have excluded the wireless keyboard and mouse by disconnecting the USB reciever.

Anyone have a sulution to fix this problem or ideas on what might be wrong?

Kenneth

Does it happen at exactly the same intervals? Could there be some type of timer on it?

Is this movie/s online on from a DVD?

Could something else be starting like some type of update or virus scan or even e-mail checking?

If there is a particular time interval, it might help pin down the cause.

Thanks for replying.

There does not seem to be intervals. This goes for any type of video file even DVDs. I have shut down AVG antivirus and rebooted the computer with AVG not on run at startup. I have excluded all programs from the "run at startup" in msconfig.

I have now noticed that this problem goes for all my mediaplayers. VLC, Media player classic and WMP12. It even goes for fullscreen youtube clips.

I've been running Windows 7 a month now this occured just a week ago.

I did a clean install. I'm fine with just the Xvid codec and AC3-filter thank you.

I'm not sure if its worth mentioning but here are my computer specs:

Intel Core Duo 1.83GHz
2G DDR2 667MHz RAM
60GB 7200rpm Harddrive
7.1 Dolby surround
1280x768 60hz screen / 1360x768 60hz Flatscreen TV
I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate

If you are running different resolutions on the monitor and TV, could the TV be dropping down to the resolution of the
monitor?

What type of connections to you have to each device. I would assume DVI to the monitor and HDMI to the TV? If you turn off the monitor and just run the TV, does it still change resolution?

Since I have a laptop there is no external cable connected to the screen. I use a VGA cable to connect it to my 32" TV screen. I have disconnected the computer from my TV and the problem is still there. I allso have updated my nvidia drivers.

I have now traced the problem away from the media player part. The problem seems to be that after a while the windows Im running drops out of focus. As an example if Im running World of Warcraft windowed mode, the focus on the WOW window drops out and I get a windows mousepointer suddenly. I then have to click somewhere inside the WOW window to move the pointer in the game again. Its like some other program is beginning to run and WOW is put in the background even as the WOW window (or the media player) is running in front of every other window.

Last edited:
Well, you might let Task Manager run to see if you can pickup what is running at that time. Click on the top of the CPU column so the higher CPU cycles programs will come to the top.

If you can pin down a time, either actual or time between occurrences it might help pin down the problem. Like maybe you have the sceen saver set to run and it is trying to take over.

Don't think I haven't had Task Manager running for quite some time now. Nothing unusual in there and no spikes in CPU usage when this occur.

It's not the screensaver or the display trying to turn off (both are disabled). And there is no use pointing out what time it happends as it happends every time I watch a video file. I tried measuring the intervals. There are no parallels occurenses.

This is giving me a head ace. I'm considering a reinstall now. But no time for that this weekend... maybe next weekend.

Hello,
I've got the same problem too.
I didn't test it yet but could it be the walpaper changing that cause this lost of focus ?
EDIT: Seems it isn't...

Last edited:
I have been having the same problem
The install was a clean install not an upgrade.

This only started after a recent set of updates and it is driving me up the wall ever since!

Is there a way of editing the registery and setting the default as full screen?

How many programs are starting up with Windows? I'd try disabling some of them. Maybe it's an updater. Disable the Java, Adobe or Google updaters if you have them. Mine never does what you are talking about. I always keep my background programs to the bare necessities.

Last edited:
I see that your Firefox is using an awful lot of memory. Do you have a lot of tabs open or something? I've never seen so much.

You don't need the following runnin at startup:

reealsdeg.exe
Input personal.exe
igfxsvs.exe
igxfpers.exe;
Quicset,.eexe
Acrroytay.exe
hllcmd,exe

You don't need the following runnin at startup:

realsched.exe
Inputpersonalizaton.exe
igfxsvs.exe
igxfpers.exe;
Quickset,.exe
Acroytay.exe
hkcmd.exe

I removed realsched, acrotray. I'm still looking for the place where inputpersonalization is run but if if I'm not mistaken it is run with a service. igfxsvs, igxfpers, hkcmd are for my intel integrated graphic card and I don't think it safe to remove them. And I need Quickset for my keyboards shortcut keys.

I see that your Firefox is using an awful lot of memory. Do you have a lot of tabs open or something? I've never seen so much.
I usually have 9 or 10 tabs opened. Is it too much ? How can I solve this ?

I'd disable your extensions one by one and check with Task manager til I found which one is causing that massive memory leak. Over 500,000 kb memory usage is totally not normal. Mine's on a little over 72,000 kb. Notice my CPU Usage is only at 4% and my Memory Usage is at 40%.

If you don't find it there try getting another version of Firefox. Or maybe you have a bad installation. Uninstall it and when it asks if you want to get rid of your settings click yes. Then reinstall.

There's definitely something wrong with your Firefox.

stueycaster-albums-my-pics-picture211-taskman-screeny.jpg

Did you know that you can drag the sides of task manager box so we can see what Tye exact program and path it;s using.

That would be a great help

Thanks

I'd disable your extensions one by one and check with Task manager til I found which one is causing that massive memory leak. Over 500,000 kb memory usage is totally not normal. Mine's on a little over 72,000 kb. Notice my CPU Usage is only at 4% and my Memory Usage is at 40%.

If you don't find it there try getting another version of Firefox. Or maybe you have a bad installation. Uninstall it and when it asks if you want to get rid of your settings click yes. Then reinstall.

There's definitely something wrong with your Firefox.

This is a list of my installed extensions. Could you please tell me which ones do you use for helping me a little. Thanks.
- Adblock Plus 1.1.1: Adblock Plus: Save your time and traffic
- AddThis 2.1.1: AddThis - The #1 Bookmarking & Sharing Service
- CheckBoxMate 0.2: DragToTab and other extensions...
- CuteMenus2 3.1: Making Computers Easy ? Binary Turf
- deskCut 0.6.0.0: mozdev.org - deskcut: index
- Dictionnaire HunSpell en Français (réforme 1990) 2.1: Firefox Dictionnaire HunSpell en Français (réforme 1990) - Google Search
- Download status 1.2: Firefox Download status - Google Search
- DownloadHelper 4.6.5: DownloadHelper - Media download Firefox extension
- dragdropupload 1.9.36: Link Removed - Invalid URL
- Duplicate Tab 1.0.2: mozdev.org - twanno
- FaviconizeTab 1.0.0: ???????????Firefox????? * FaviconizeTab
- Gestionnaire de session 0.6.7.3: mozdev.org - sessionmanager: index
- Hyperwords 5.6.5: The Hyperwords Company
- IdentFavIcon 0.3: IdentFavIcon - Firefox Extension
- IE Tab 1.5.20090525: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/1419
- Image Toolbar 0.6.6: Cusser.net
- JustSmile 1.4.1: Link Removed - Invalid URL
- Link Alert 0.9: Link Alert - Conlan's Extensions
- Linkification 1.3.7: Link Removed - Invalid URL
- Locationbar² 1.0.4: Link Removed due to 404 Error
- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1: The Official Microsoft WPF and Windows Forms Site
- MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.3.4: Link Removed - Invalid URL
- NewTabURL 1.6.3: Link Removed due to 404 Error
- PhZilla 3.5.1C: Firefox Add-ons by InBasic
- PopupMaster 1.2.4: Link Removed - Invalid URL
- RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin 1.0: http://www.real.com
- Screengrab 0.96.2: Screengrab!
- SearchPreview 4.0: SearchPreview: Firefox extension google preview plugin thumbnails
- Show Location 0.4.8: Link Removed due to 404 Error
- SkipScreen 0.1.10042009: Link Removed - Invalid URL
- Smart Stop/Reload 1.2: Link Removed due to 404 Error
- Speed Dial 0.9.1.1: Speed Dial for Mozilla Firefox - Main
- Tab Scope 0.2.2.13: TAB SCOPE :: Firefox Extension
- TinEye Reverse Image Search 0.7.1: TinEye Reverse Image Search
- User Agent Switcher 0.7.2: User Agent Switcher

Did you know that you can drag the sides of task manager box so we can see what Tye exact program and path it;s using.

That would be a great help

Thanks

You mean like this :
Link Removed due to 404 Error

Last edited:
Back