Windows 7 WMP 12 exits fullscreen

Yes,. exactly,.

Do you happen to have an HP computer?

I think thaty's what igfxsvs.exe and igxfpers.exe;

BTW,. you have WAY TOO many browser extensions

Well no I don't have an HP but a Dell computer.
I use Firefox because of the extensions so...
But Firefox isn't the problem for the lost of focus. I tried to close it and wmp still get out of full screen...

Your second screen shot shows a lot less memory usage than the first one but it's still real high. Maybe it's because of the number of extensions you're running. Here's a list of extensions that I use. These are all the latest versions. I use the latest Firefox Beta version. A lot of extensions don't install on it. I wouldn't recommend using it unless you're comfortable with using test software.

Adblock Plus
Coral IE Tab: I have to use this one because it works with Firefox 3.6.4.
.Net Framework Assistant: came with Firefox but I disabled it because it has a security flaw.
New Glasser by SzymekPL: Gives the whole Window Border the Aeroglass look.
Nightly Tester Tools: I have to use this because it makes my extensions work on the latest Firefox Beta.
NoScript: This blocks Javascripts unless I tell it to allow them.
Personal Menu: I put all my Menu items in one little button and disabled the Menu Bar to save window space.
Webmail Notifier: It lets me know if I have any mail on Gmail.
Xmarks; A bookmark synchronizer.

Reghakr and I both say you have way too many extensions installed. I don't even know what most of those extensions do. I will say this. You don't need any download helpers because the download manager in Firefox works fine without any help. Firefox also has a good Popup Blocker built in. Plus as long as you stay on top of the Spyware Situation you're all set.

I'd install only those that you really need. If you don't have a lot of RAM your browser is using a big percentage of it. It's bound to slow your system down a little.

Thanks for both of you. I should uninstall some of my extensions but the problem is I got used to them and if I haven't one of them I'm a little bit bothered. Here's the function of every one of them :

- Adblock Plus 1.1.1: Adblock Plus: Save your time and traffic (Block the Adds and undesirable pictures)
- CheckBoxMate 0.2: DragToTab and other extensions... (allow to select several checkboxes with one movement)
- CuteMenus2 3.1: Making Computers Easy ? Binary Turf (add icons to menu entry)
- Dictionnaire HunSpell en Français (réforme 1990) 2.1: Firefox Dictionnaire HunSpell en Français (réforme 1990) - Google Search (French dictionnary)
- Download status 1.2: Firefox Download status - Google Search (Give more informations on the current download like remained size to download with opening the download manager)
- DownloadHelper 4.6.5: DownloadHelper - Media download Firefox extension (Allow to download flash animations and/or its contents)
- dragdropupload 1.9.36: Link Removed - Invalid URL (add attachements to gmail just by selecting files and draging them into the compose mail page)
- Duplicate Tab 1.0.2: mozdev.org - twanno (open a new tab with the same content and history than the one selected)
- FaviconizeTab 1.0.0: ???????????Firefox????? * FaviconizeTab (keep only the favicon of a site on the tab bar - usufull when you have a lot of tabs)
- Gestionnaire de session 0.6.7.3: mozdev.org - sessionmanager: index (Save the current session and restore it on the reopening - usefull in case of a crash)
- Hyperwords 5.6.5: The Hyperwords Company (several options for copying, translating, converting currency, viewing source just by selecting the text)
- IdentFavIcon 0.3: IdentFavIcon - Firefox Extension (Gives a favicon to sites which doesn't have one to easily identify tabs from the same site)
- IE Tab 1.5.20090525: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/1419 (open site with internet explorer in a firefox tab)
- Image Toolbar 0.6.6: Cusser.net (show a toolbar when passing over a picture that allow to save the pic to the default location with one click)
- JustSmile 1.4.1: Link Removed - Invalid URL (insert a smile html code - usefull in mails)
- Link Alert 0.9: Link Alert - Conlan's Extensions (shows you on the cursor the type of file the link point to)
- Linkification 1.3.7: Link Removed - Invalid URL (transform textual links into clickable links)
- Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.1: The Official Microsoft WPF and Windows Forms Site (...)
- MR Tech Toolkit 6.0.3.4: Link Removed - Invalid URL (Give several options like suppressing the extension install delay, opening a link on clicking on firefox activity button, adding options that allows to export a list of installed addons like this)
- NewTabURL 1.6.3: Link Removed due to 404 Error (If a link is in the copyboard, open the new tab with it)
- PhZilla 3.5.1C: Firefox Add-ons by InBasic (Allow to navigate anonimously)
- RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin 1.0: http://www.real.com (Installed with real player)
- Screengrab 0.96.2: Screengrab! (enable to save or copy a part of the page as image)
- SearchPreview 4.0: SearchPreview: Firefox extension google preview plugin thumbnails (add a preview image of sites in google or bing search)
- Show Location 0.4.8: Link Removed due to 404 Error (show the location of the current site)
- SkipScreen 0.1.10042009: Link Removed - Invalid URL (download the file after the countdown without having to wait and click)
- Smart Stop/Reload 1.2: Link Removed due to 404 Error (Combine the stop and the reload button)
- Speed Dial 0.9.1.1: Speed Dial for Mozilla Firefox - Main (Quick access to favorite sites similar to opera main page)
- Tab Scope 0.2.2.13: TAB SCOPE :: Firefox Extension (preview of the tab just by passing on its name in the tab bar)
- TinEye Reverse Image Search 0.7.1: TinEye Reverse Image Search (Search a similar image - bigger or smaller, with other extension, ...)

And sorry not interresting in a firefox version that doesn't support most of my extensions.

I think that firefox use this amount of memory because of flash animations...

If you find a solution to Windows 7 lost of focus (as it is the main subject of this topic), I'll be glad to test it.

Thanks

Thanks for both of you. I should uninstall some of my extensions but the problem is I got used to them and if I haven't one of them I'm a little bit bothered.
Well it's up to you. Personally I'm a bit of a minimalist. I wasn't thinking that this was a reason for your WMP problem. I was just a little shocked when I saw how much memory it was using.

You might try System File Checker for that WMP thing.

http://windows7forums.com/tweaks-guides-howtos/19250-system-file-checker-great-windows-fix-tool.html

But it doesn't seem like a Windows issue to me. I had something going on like that years ago. This little button would show up on my taskbar and would steal the focus from whatever I was doing. I never did find out what the problem was but after I reinstalled my whole system it never came back. I was suspicious of an updater for my HP printer software. I was really quite a newb back then. But I'm still a bit of a newb.

Hello,

Just to prove that firfox large amount of memory is due to flash animations look how much it takes when there no more tabs with flash in them :

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I also tried the System File Checker and here what I've got :

And this is the two remarquable line in the result log :
CSI 0000014d [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32\fr-FR"\[l:28{14}]"user32.dll.mui" from store
CSI 000001a4 [SR] Repairing corrupted file [ml:520{260},l:58{29}]"\??\C:\Windows\System32\fr-FR"\[l:28{14}]"user32.dll.mui" from store

Should I do something else than reboot ?

Hello,

Just to prove that firfox large amount of memory is due to flash animations look how much it takes when there no more tabs with flash in them :

I also tried the System File Checker and here what I've got :

And this is the two remarquable line in the result log :

Should I do something else than reboot ?
Thanks for showing that to me. I didn't realize animations used so much memory. I stand corrected.

Does that say it will fix it with a reboot? If so you're all set. It would have told you if there was something it can't fix. I hope it fixes your problem.

Back