Windows 7 Won't find/install any drivers?

firstEncounter

Just today has my computer randomly stopped finding any driver for anything new on my system. If I plug in a flash drive, it tries to search Windows Update and finds nothing, even in the pre-configured drivers. I tried my bluetooth adapter, and it can't find drivers. I don't know why this is happening!

When I went to do a system restore, I have no restore points, which is odd because I thought automatic restore points were made while installing stuff and doing Windows Update.

Is this a bug? Or maybe a virus of some kind?

Normally I'm the one fixing everyone's computers but this is just freaking weird.

Edit: I'm using 32-bit

Hello ansd welcome,

So you've plugged the flash drive in before and it worke3d OK?

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it
3. The manufacturer name and model number of your PC, if applicable
4 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

The exact make and model of your motherboard would be of great help also.

Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?
Are you dual-booting?
Are you suing the official RC directly from Microsoft?
Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem?

Hopefully, you have a good anti-virus program and have done a complete scan

So you've plugged the flash drive in before and it worke3d OK?

Yes

Was it a "clean" install or an upgrade?

Clean

Are you dual-booting?

Triple-booting: Windows 7, Vista (not recently used), Ubuntu

Are you suing the official RC directly from Microsoft?

Yes

Do you recall installing any software that may have caused the problem?

I was jailbreaking my iPod using iTunes and a program called redsn0w (blog.iphone-dev.org) but I doubt it was anything to do with that.

When I read something like
The links above are mirrors. I can confirm they are 100% virus free as this is where I got my redsn0w program.
I'd never believe it.

How often do you find legitimate software programs for download that guarantee they are virus free?

I asked before, but have you perform a complete virus scan?

Try this search query:

redsn0w virus

When I read something like I'd never believe it.

How often do you find legitimate software programs for download that guarantee they are virus free?

I asked before, but have you perform a complete virus scan?

Try this search query:

redsn0w virus

I have. I use AVG Free with Resident Shield on. The program worked with my iPod and jailbroke it successfully. The iPhone-Dev team is completely legitimate. They are the center of the jailbreaking community. No one has reported any type of virus from the program. Let's try some other options for a solution.

Did you check here?

Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32, look under the Components section for hardware identification
Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it

Try downloading and running these utilities:

BluetoothView v1.25
USBDeview v1.36

Let me know the results.

Back
Top Bottom