Windows 7 Would appreciate help with this

Okay ive let it run for 20 hours and 10 passes. No errors were reported.
20151031_074124.jpg

Excellent! We can at least rule out your memory especially as you ran it for so long. Good job! Ok so your last dump file was a bugcheck 50 which can be caused by a few things:
Cause
Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).
Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.
Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.
Bug Check 0x50: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (Windows Debuggers)

As there is a possibility that your video ram may be at fault (simply because of the type of bugcheck) please run this application to test the Vram:
HOME PAGE OF MISHA CHERKES
I asked you to run this before but didn't hear about the results

Please test your CPU RAM Cache by running this app:
Download Intel® Processor Diagnostic Tool (64-bit)

Please run a chkdsk making sure that whicever method you use in the guide below that you search for and repair broken sectors:
The How-To Geek Guide to Using Check Disk in Windows 7, 8, or 10

You could also try changing AV suites to something like MSE as it's super stable:
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Let's see what results we get back from this little lot and then if still nothing shows up we can try the driver verifier. Oh did you upgrade anything prior to the bsod's starting?

I'm off to bed so will check back in the morning. Good luck with the scans.

Misha Check:
1.PNG

Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool:
2.PNG

chkdisk ran without any errors i think:
3.PNG

i dont think im actually running any special AV? but ill install MSE.

and no this is a completely new PC. all the parts are new.

Much thanks for the updates. Let's check Windows is ok by opening up the start menu, find command prompt, right click on it and run as admin. Type:
sfc /scannow
Press enter and await results

Also can you post the make and model of your PSU, thanks.

Verification 100% complete
Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations.

my psu is the Corsair RM750

Well the app stresses drivers on start up so if it isn't blue screening then chances are it isn't a driver. What does intrigue me however is your quote above about trying to recreate a bsod.
What is it you do exactly for the machine to blue screen?

hahas i don't really know. its mostly random but i read in the site it said to try and stress the drivers. so i thought i'd turn on a few games, youtube etc. the last BSOD happened when i was just watching abit of youtube

Oh ok.. Sure give it a try.. The more information the better.. :) Oh and I'd turn the verifier off now as it doesn't seem to be catching anything.
Just make sure your browsers and flash player are up to date as this can at times cause a bsod.
Flash Player Help

Your not overclocking anything are you?

Nope everything is as per default. I've reinstalled browsers between BSODs ill try reinstalling flash but i'm not too hopeful that it'll help.

the only other piece of relevant information i can think of is that i used to get bug check 0x50 BSOD much more often when i was on windows 10. i could feel the entire pc slowing down prior to the BSOD and the non - paged pool would be something like 15gb and my ram usage would always be around 99% then it'd crash. Looking around on the net told me that it was due to killer network and how windows monitors it.

Hmm.. I have a Z97 chipset board too and am using Win 10 but haven't seen any of the issues you describe. Have you had any bsod's recently?

It's up to you I guess... Things might fare better now that we seem to have the bsod under control. If you do decide to try again make sure you go to your system support site and get the win 10 drivers first.

Good luck! Oh and it might be prudent to make a rescue disk too?

Back