Windows 10 Wrong Date and Time after dual boot with linux

Alloysius Goh

Hi, i have dual booted my laptop with Windows 10 and linux. After that, my Windows time is always off and i am unable to sync with time.windows in the internet time settings. It shows period timeout at first but now it shows that the peer is unreachable. Can anyone help me?

Last edited:
Most common cause of this is the battery on the mainboard. I don't know whether you can test and / or replace it yourself, if not go to a repair shop.

And Welcome to this forum!

I've never seen this on any of my dual-boot Windows/Linux systems before; I use both Ubuntu and Linux Mint. Now I know where to look if it ever does happen. Very good post here, nsmsuk. :) Thanks for sharing it.

<<BIGBEARJEDI>>

I've never seen this on any of my dual-boot Windows/Linux systems before; I use both Ubuntu and Linux Mint. Now I know where to look if it ever does happen. Very good post here, nsmsuk. :) Thanks for sharing it.

<<BIGBEARJEDI>>

Is one of those things thats had me running around in circles in the past. Has lead to missed schedules and all sorts of chaos.

I can only imagine; I haven't worked with production dual-boot Windows/Linux machines since 2001. And before that I had a dozen that my field engineers were using back when I was at IBM doing field service scheduling.

Great post.:fdance:
Best,
BBJ

Back
Top Bottom