Windows 7 X1650 and Catalyst Control Center

godgiven666

ok so when i installed windows 7 build 7100 (RC) it automatically installed my drivers for my video card (X1650 AGP) now i need to install Catalyst Control Center because i need to make a few adjustments to the position of the screen and when ever i try i can never open it and when i can Catalyst Control Center doesent detect my video card ...... and when i do install Catalyst Control Center everytime and everydifferent version i get an error at the end that says the driver wasent installed is there a way to fix this ? anyone else use this card and are able to use Catalyst Control Center?:confused:

If you just install the driver, are there some special options available in the Control center?

i cant get the installer to install the driver .... it goes and installs CCC but at the end it says there was an error and i click to see what it was and it says the driver wasent installed

If you can't get the driver to install, how is Control Center even going to find it?:)

Uninstall the Catalyst Control Center, they go to that site a download the driver only, not the CC.

iv tried uninstalling all of CCC and even when i do try to install just the driver it still says it failed at installing it... the driver my video card is working on right now is the one that automatically installed with windows 7 and CCC wont :frown:work with it

Let's go over this again...I should have been more clear.

Uninstall all instances of the ATI entries in Device Manager.

Download the driver only I pointed you to and just use it for a while and see if it works OK.

Post back either way.

ok tried that and still wont install the driver i completely uninstalled everything from my video card to all the CCC components and still wont install the driver

Error messages
Driver Install: the specified driver package was not installed for matching devices

Can you not just use the driver Windows gave you and download the 9.3 CCC package (without the driver) and install that?

You might have to point Windows to the driver after you install CCC by following the instructions in this thread on page 2.

have tryed that file to and still no luck

iv attached the report that i get after i try installing and as you will be able to see it is detecting the video card but wont install the driver for it .... iv ran as admin and iv also even tried disabling UAC and still nothing.....

The only thing I see failed is the driver.
<package>
<description>ATI Display Driver</description>
<result>Fail</result>
<version>8.600.0.0000</version>
<size>90 </size>
</package>

Everything else was successful
Maybe you need to get more detailed information on you hardware.

Download this free utility that will give you that detailed information:
|MG| SIW (System Info) 2009.5.12

have tryed that file to and still no luck

iv attached the report that i get after i try installing and as you will be able to see it is detecting the video card but wont install the driver for it .... iv ran as admin and iv also even tried disabling UAC and still nothing.....

Ok Im just going to double check. You pointed it to the driver Windows update gave you right. Done the whole "have disk" thing? You might need to do some elimination with it.
Sorry if you have tried all this

well right now that is what i am useing (the driver windows gave me) and i had CCC working and it wouldn't detect it so but now even when i try to install CCC i cant start that up ...

Ok Im just going to double check. You pointed it to the driver Windows update gave you right. Done the whole "have disk" thing? You might need to do some elimination with it.
Sorry if you have tried all this

yep tried that and here is the video card information from that program

yea i understant that but with that driver when i can get CCC running it doesent detect my video card and i need it to so i can make adjustments to the screen with it ....

Could you make these adjustments under Control Panel > Display?

Or does this Control Center have many more options

Back
Top Bottom