Windows 7 X1650 and Catalyst Control Center

Looks like you might be just out of the support range from Ati in Windows 7 for your card. Maybe before long there will be a package for it, but short of installing the 9.3 CCC package without the driver, and then pointing Windows to the driver it downloaded from win update, Im all out of ideas.

I had the same exact video card except in PCI-E format. Catalyst 9.3 won't work at all with that card. I think up to 9.1 or 9.2 works. If you're looking to do widescreen resolution, you'll be S.O.L. since that went out the window with RC (you'll need a Radeon HD or Geforce for that to happen).

I had the same exact video card except in PCI-E format. Catalyst 9.3 won't work at all with that card. I think up to 9.1 or 9.2 works. If you're looking to do widescreen resolution, you'll be S.O.L. since that went out the window with RC (you'll need a Radeon HD or Geforce for that to happen).

ok well thanks anyways for all your help and Noobstix i dont think that what you said was completely true because with the driver that i have now (the one that came with windows). i get my full widescreen resolution.its just that it is off set and part of the screen on the left hand side is cut off and with CCC i would have been able to move it over( im pluged in to a Sony Bravia and i have no controls that i would have on a normal monitor) i had this same problem in vista but CCC worked so i was able to correct the issue

------------------------------------------------------

I GOT IT WORKING!!!!!!!

DNA ATI Windows Vista 32-bit download from Guru3D.com

this has a working driver and CCC works !!!!

its is a modified driver but it works and looks better than before

Last edited:
Thanks!

I've joined the forum just to say thanks to "godgiven666" for his persistence and the custom driver tip. I have the same card and had the same problem. Not only the driver produced a clearer result (slight but noticeable) but I was also able to run the Control Center, necessary to [better and easily] manage dual display output.

Well, I'm sure I'll find more useful tips like this while browsing around and hopefully I'll be able to return the favor by helping others....

Back