Windows 8 Yes, instructions DO exist!

I get really frustrated w/ people saying or thinking there is nothing in Windows 8.1, from Microsoft, telling them, educating them or guiding them w/ enlightenment or instructions on How To use the OS. There is!! Yes, there is!
There problem isn't that it doesn't exist but, rather that people don't look @ it.
In (ALL) Applications, on that screen or even on Start there is an icon or Tile w/ a Question Mark (?) on it and the words Help & Tips. Go find it & take a gander... It looks like this...
Screenshot (10).JPG

Oh and BTW, the scroll wheel on a mouse will scroll (Metro) screens horizontally. Up to go Right & Down to go Left.

Cheers,
Drew
290_Windows8_1.jpg

Most of the people I know or have talked to are more than willing. The trouble that seems to stop them as I mentioned above they can't afford to buy a newer machine or just plain don't have the money to go out and buy windows 8 to install. These are mostly older people that have disabilities and live off a fixed income. I find talking with people face to face is more reliable than what you see on the internet. By the way my friend that runs a computer shop has gone to windows 8 both in his shop and all three of his computers at home. He has nothing but good to say about the OS.

Most of the people I know or have talked to are more than willing. The trouble that seems to stop them as I mentioned above they can't afford to buy a newer machine or just plain don't have the money to go out and buy windows 8 to install. These are mostly older people that have disabilities and live off a fixed income. I find talking with people face to face is more reliable than what you see on the internet. By the way my friend that runs a computer shop has gone to windows 8 both in his shop and all three of his computers at home. He has nothing but good to say about the OS.

But even with that account this is still one apartment complex and one business we are talking about plus the reason why your computer store owner is saying good things about windows 8 perhaps that is because he is payed to do so? Microsoft does pay commission :D

In any case in theory here say I came to where you are and I came with say Ubuntu 14.04 the next release of Ubuntu in April (which coincidentally comes 10 days after the plug is pulled on XP), I think those same people you talked to would probably talk to me the same way if I lived there and was available for tech support.
Its still not a proof case no matter how you slice it.

Not all people I talked to lives in my complex. No, he doesn't get paid to say good things about it. You can say all you want that is your choice but I have to think differently from everything that I have heard from different people. Also the the owners of this complex have also upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8. I have to agree to disagree with you on this.

LOL. Glad to see so many youngsters in the forum. My Avatar says it all - I'm 80 and still enjoy sparring on IT forums.

Hey Dave, I guess everyone has there opinion. I do have friends including my one grandson who swears by Mac. They don't want anything to do with Windows or any other OS out there.

Indeed, though admittedly I dont swear by any OS.
Even linux which I spout on about I dont swear by, I just prefer it.
I have nothing against any system but just prefer windows. I guess it is like buying a ford over a chevy. You go with the one that has given you the best service. Doesn't mean that sometime down the road you won't switch. Any way have a good night. Way past my bedtime. :)

Back
Top Bottom