Windows 7 0xc000000f Recovery Error - System Recovery Discs not being processed

sunnyxm

Hello,

My computer has many corrupt files. I have done both sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r multiple times, but the corrupt files still remain. Unfortunately, my HP's recovery manager is also corrupt. I want to do a full factory restore. Because I couldn't do a full factory restore from the computer, I ordered system recovery discs from HP. When ever I try to do a recovery from the boot menu (F8 or F11), I get the following error:

"Boot Manager:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3.Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible."

I insert the disc, but nothing happens. The computer returns to the same steps. I even tried going through control panel and Full System Restore. Again, I get the same steps. When I press enter, it gives me the option to boot Windows 7 or do a memory diagnostic test.

I appreciate any help.

Hello,

My computer has many corrupt files. I have done both sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r multiple times, but the corrupt files still remain. Unfortunately, my HP's recovery manager is also corrupt. I want to do a full factory restore. Because I couldn't do a full factory restore from the computer, I ordered system recovery discs from HP. When ever I try to do a recovery from the boot menu (F8 or F11), I get the following error:

"Boot Manager:
Windows failed to start. A recent hardware of software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

1.Insert your Windows installation disc and restart the computer.
2.Choose your language settings, and then click "Next".
3.Click "Repair your computer."

If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.

Info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible."

I insert the disc, but nothing happens. The computer returns to the same steps. I even tried going through control panel and Full System Restore. Again, I get the same steps. When I press enter, it gives me the option to boot Windows 7 or do a memory diagnostic test.

I appreciate any help.

Edit: As Pat suggests above..

Have you tried booting from the actual disk? You'll need to enter the bios and change the boot order so that your CD/DVD drive is first. Then when reaching the install screen click Repair instead.

Like Patcooke and Kemical suggest, u can choose boot order in ur BIOS.

Or maybe the F12 key during boot will bring up the Boot Menu. And if does, select "Optical Drive" or maybe it's "DVD Drive" from there.

GL

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom