Windows 10 100% Disk Usage Issue

I'm not a fan of Seagate drives; at least since the early 80s. After the Company got sold, their quality dropped off and their support is not great. I will be biased of course, since I worked at WD for nearly 5 years designing their drives and controllers. There are now only 2 hard drive companies to choose from; WD & Seagate as many drive companies have gone under or got bought by either WD or Seagate. I have a failure rate of 3-5 times the number of Seagate drives versus WD drives on my Customer computers. And, I've found that even used WD drives (especially the Black & Red labels) last longer and work better than any of the Seagate performance drives. Hey, it's your money; do what you want.:cash: You will always get differing opinions from Techs here, just like people have different ideas of parts for cars from different mechanics.

Whenever I run into a broken or borked drive in a Customer computer-especially a Business computer where someone's livelihood is based on that drive running well-I ALWAYS replace a Seagate with a WD every time!

My 2 cents.:lightbulb:
Best of luck,:clover:
<<BBJ>> :usa:

P.S. I agree with nmsuk on the Toshiba drive. They haven't made their own drives since the early 90s (I used to work there), and so therefore bid out their drives to the cheapest manufacturer such as Fujitsu or Hitachi which are both known for pre-warranty failures.

Back
Top Bottom