Windows 7 64 Bit Realtek Sound Drivers not working?

oobergeek

I've been running (reinstalling) Win7 64bit for about 2 weeks now (Pro version). When I first install it everything works fine including sound but when I install the 64bit Realtek sound drivers from the maker of my motherboard (XFXForce) I can't get the microphone to work?. It did work before I installed the XFXForce drivers.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

Have you visited Realtek's site?

I thought of this but how would I know if the drivers where the correct ones for my motherboard?

Edit: went to Realtek and found updated drivers. After installation sound is fine but still no microphone... (-:

Last edited:
Went to Realtek and found updated drivers. After installation sound is fine but still no microphone... (-:

See the Realtek's settings (accessible from tray or control panel) for the microphone + make sure your mic is properly connected. You may need to report this issue to Realtek and wait for a next release of drivers.

Do you have a forward and rear microphone and which one is turned on?

Do you have a forward and rear microphone and which one is turned on?

The rear one is on...(plugged in). By forward do you mean front jacks?. I have them but pretty sure that they are not operational.. on the motherboard. I know that the microphone *does* work... I can test it just after doing a fresh install of Win7 x64 everything is working fine. The microphone stops working after I install updated drivers either from Realtek or XFXForce. Weird.

hi.. im newbie here...
i need solution.... when installed win 7..
i cant hear the sound from the speakers...
the notification sound toolbar say " no speakers or headphones are plugged in "
i'm using Mobo : ABIT AN52V
thx for the attention

Back
Top Bottom