Windows 7 A couple of unexpected BSOD after reinstalling windows 7.

dieseldoris

Hello everyone! I reinstalled windows 7 some time ago and the reason my new ssd. After, i've encountered plenty of Bluescreens, and games that require a little more of my computer randomly freezes and i have to taskmaster them down.

Thanks for the help in advance, Here's the dump file. :)

View attachment 102411-14118-01.dmp

Hi and welcome to the forum.

After checking your dmp file I see you need to update a few of your drivers

Rt64win7 Realtek network drivers available here
LGBusEnum updated drivers available on the LG Site
Razerlow the installed driver is from 2005 update from the Razer site

Update these drivers and see how it goes.

Ok thank you, i have updated those drivers. I'll see how it goes.

By the way, i accidentally downloaded a drivernavigator from the logitech website hoping it would be free. As it turns out it wasn't but it did the computer scan before it told me so, according to it there was like 20+ drivers on my computer that wasn't updated. Should i take that seriously or do i only stay with the ones you saw and wait and see if i get a bsod again?

I'd ignore that utility. Not too keen on them as most of the time they pick the wrong drivers anyway. See how it goes with the drivers you've updated :)

Hi dieseldoris and Welcome to The Forum.

Further to the excellent advice from nmsuk, I noticed a critical driver that needs dealing with:

ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 03:30:36 2005 This driver is notorious for causing BSOD's. You have two options:
  • You can disable the ATK0110 ACPI Utility in the DeviceManager (under System Devices) with no apparent issues. OR (and if disabling does cause issues)
  • There is an update here: Asus ATK0110 driver. Look under the sub-heading: Utilities. 12th one down.

Driver Install - Manual method

1. Download the driver and extract it to a folder.
  2. Open the Device Manager.
  3. Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device. In this case System Devices >> ATK0110 ACPI Utility
  4. Choose Update Driver Software.
  5. Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
  6. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
  7. Select Have disk...
  8. Select Browse..
  9. Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
  10. Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
  11. After it has installed, GoTo C:\Windows\System32\Drivers. Locate the Asacpi.sys driver, right click it and check the dates under its properties. You're looking for a "Modified" date of 2009 or 2010. Occasionally it can be a bit stubborn to change.

Hope that helps.

Thank you guys so much! After i did what Nmsuk recommended everything has been running peachy, had gta 4 running for one and half hour without any signs of problem! :D

However disabling that driver was greyed out so i decided to just update it and have it done with, Thank you! ‎20 ‎november ‎2010, ‏‎14:32:46 was the date set as the modified date, I assume that's within the lines of correct? Thank you both!

Stil unexpected BSOD after getting help

Hello everyone, i started a thread a couple of days ago and after you guys helped me it seemed as if everything was going to be fine, but yesterday and today i've gotten bsod.
Please look into it once more to see what's stil messed up.

Here's the most recent crash dump!

View attachment 102711-8876-01.dmp

Re: Stil unexpected BSOD after getting help

It was not necessary nor actually even a good idea to start a new thread. So.....
I have merge the new with the old and hopefully either Nmsuk or Elmer will have some time soon to take a look at your most recent dump files, as they will likely have the most current perspective regarding your issues and a potential solution hopefully.
Regards
Randy

Razerlow.sys 11/7/2005 Diamond Back USB optical mouse driver. Update it, or uninstall it, or rename it. Find it using a search, Likely in C:\Windows\System32\Drivers but may be somewhere else. Right click rename to Razerlow.OLD. Reboot.
I haven't been following this particular thread but since your two most recent dump files are suggesting memory issues you should probably read this first post in this thread here http://windows7forums.com/blue-screen-death-bsod/38837-how-ask-help-bsod-problem.html#post140678
Accumulate the data asked for,
CPUz snipping tool images of all tabs including all slots populated with memory under the SPD tab.
RAMMon, export the html report
SF Diagnostic Tool, right click and choose run as administrator.
After you have all the data, put it into a folder on your desktop, right click the folder and choose send to, compressed (zipped) folder. Attach that zipped folder to your next post.
Additionally since one of the dump files suggest pagefile involvement it wouldn't hurt to open and elevated command prompt and type
chkdsk C: /R
answer yes "Y" to the prompt and reboot
let it run and see what it produces in the way of any additional information.
Regards
Randy

Thank you! It gets you a little unpatient when you just bought battlefield 3 and you can't play it because of stuff like BSOD and crashes. But that's not your problem. It was my first post in a forum..ever :p

However i did a stress test and found a ram stick that did not verify the data correctly to the "something" so i took it out and so far it seems to run smoothly.

Back