Windows 7 A few questions - need to be answered please

AsayisArts

Hi, I got the beta earlier this week and i find that alot of things work great! just some things don't install, not very much a problem but manly opera, my favourite browser, will not install, firefox works fine... has anybody installed opera? if so, please reply saying how you did it?

I run dual screen and was wondering if anybody knows how to stretch the toolbar over both screens?

that's all, thank you for reading!

AsayisArts

I hve had no problems installing Opera on any of the windows 7 releases. (My browser of choice)

I hve had no problems installing Opera on any of the windows 7 releases. (My browser of choice)

ok, perhaps it could have been a falty download, you and another person have said that their opera works on win7, so yeah, falty download, i'm downloading again. thanks!

I'm running opera 9.63 with no problems on win7 beta :cool:

when you say "would not install" what exactly happened ??

I'm running opera 9.63 with no problems on win7 beta :cool:

when you say "would not install" what exactly happened ??

I started installation, it went to "extracting files" and then it quits and windows comes up saying "windows installer has stopped working"...

hm, i downloaded it again, same problem...

Last edited:
i had the same issue with another installer...i went through the whole 'finding a solution' thing, and after the next windows update, got a solution sent to my UAC. here's what it said. follow the directions, and it should install with no problems.

Solve a problem with Windows 7 beta
An issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) client in Windows 7 beta is causing Explorer and some MSI-based installers to stop working properly.
To solve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button Link Removed - Invalid URL, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
  2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. Link Removed - Invalid URL In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.
  3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:
    reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f
  4. Press Enter to install the solution.
  5. If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top, making sure you clicked Run as administrator in step two.

I don't think Opera has an MSI based installer, as it is a self extracting .exe, but the solution could work, but I don't know is it is needed to go to that level. I hate deleting thing from the registry! If you do, make sure you export the part you are changing, so that you can import it again.

Anyway, why not try the link again. This is the one I use, from the source
Opera Web Browser | Faster & safer | Download the new Internet browsers free

i had the same issue with another installer...i went through the whole 'finding a solution' thing, and after the next windows update, got a solution sent to my UAC. here's what it said. follow the directions, and it should install with no problems.

Solve a problem with Windows 7 beta
An issue with the Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP) client in Windows 7 beta is causing Explorer and some MSI-based installers to stop working properly.
To solve this problem, follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button Link Removed - Invalid URL, click All Programs, and then click Accessories.
  2. Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. Link Removed - Invalid URL In the User Account Control window, verify that Program name is Windows Command Processor, and then click Yes.
  3. In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type or paste the following text at the prompt:
    reg delete HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SQMClient\Windows\DisabledSessions /va /f
  4. Press Enter to install the solution.
  5. If The operation completed successfully displays, close the Administrator: Command Prompt window to complete this procedure. If "ERROR: Access is denied" displays, repeat this procedure from the top, making sure you clicked Run as administrator in step two.

thank you! i tried it and it worked :D thanks!

Back