Windows Vista a laptop crash!:'(

tsianos1

new user here before 10minutes :confused: I have a laptop AMILO and it can't find vista updates. Also it can't update my anti-virus, windows defender and when i am going to download spybot from the main site (it's like an update) it can't. IT CAN'T UPDATE ANYTHING!help please HELP!!

You might have a virus already on your computer. If you don't know how to use "Spybots", it can be a complicated install. A firewall could be blocking access to Windows Update. What kind of error code do you get? Do you see something like 802400013? Did you put in Spybots 1.4 or 1.5 ? They tell me it is only an update to raise to 1.5 Link Removed due to 404 Error (run as administrater) http://vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windowsupdate/183140-windows-cant-check-updates.html ask for free help with updates and getting rid of virus. 1-866-pcsafety

You might have a virus already on your computer. If you don't know how to use \"Spybots\", it can be a complicated install. A firewall could be blocking access to Windows Update. What kind of error code do you get? Do you see something like 802400013? Did you put in Spybots 1.4 or 1.5 ? They tell me it is only an update to raise to 1.5 The home of Spybot-S&D! (run as administrater) Windows can't check for updates - Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads ask for free help with updates and getting rid of virus. 1-866-pcsafety

i have 1.6.2 downloaded i run as administrator and it says:
Error sending request.
The name or the adress of administrator wasn't able to be resolved (says it on my language tried to translate it don't know good english)
also my update error is 80244019
i searched better and the answer is:it's a trojan virus!!!
(Trojan DNS changer changing virus worm)
1) download this freeware http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-11018531.html
2)install it and scan ( it found 18 contaminated objects on me!)
3)reboot and update
4)update to ie8

thanks for helping :)

I noticed when I needed a Trojan removed and I thought my Antivirus protection was compromised. I could not get any free scans, all hoaxing. Microsoft blasted some download I took and it was gone totally. I had to clean my disc so that the error would go a way. (You might find you still have trouble with Windows Update until you get rid of the error) To tell you the truth, from your description it didn't sound as though you could function enough to take a download. In that condition, I hate the hoaxing and figuring stuff out.
(All the scare about "Conflicker", I haven't found anybody with it yet) I use Norton Internet Security, unless I download free stuff I'm very well protected.

I noticed when I needed a Trojan removed and I thought my Antivirus protection was compromised. I could not get any free scans, all hoaxing. Microsoft blasted some download I took and it was gone totally. I had to clean my disc so that the error would go a way. (You might find you still have trouble with Windows Update until you get rid of the error) To tell you the truth, from your description it didn't sound as though you could function enough to take a download. In that condition, I hate the hoaxing and figuring stuff out.
(All the scare about "Conflicker", I haven't found anybody with it yet) I use Norton Internet Security, unless I download free stuff I'm very well protected.

i had 3 problems with the avira anti-virus, windows defender and updates. and this with the spybot. with this(malwarebytes) my laptop is ok(but i removed avira and installed avast!)then i installed spybot i immunize and i searches for problems(it found 3)and from then because i had to update it a long time it found numerous updates. installed defrag and backup(from there i took it it was and another 1 partition 73.9GB with no backup and named data. so i backup it there)and it works perfectly now.
The best on Avast! is it's for linux,mac and windows and if you want you pay or not. Avast!owns. :D

You like Avast? That is good.... Make sure you completely get rid of all the other antivirus software. You could hurt your harddrive with too much Security Software.

You like Avast? That is good.... Make sure you completely get rid of all the other antivirus software. You could hurt your harddrive with too much Security Software.

y i got rid of all..........................................the only anti-virus is Avast! i use the others are for scan only
and spybot says on tips never trust synmatec staff and mcfee i don't say it to change anti-virus

Back