Windows 8 A plug for the new EaseUS TODO backup software!

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi Everyone.

I just downloaded and installed the new EaseUS TODO backup software on my computer.

From the time I started downloading the software to the time I had a completed backup and a bootable repair disk was less then an hour.

This software is really easy to use.

During the install process I specified where the backup was to be stored.
In a folder on my F:\ drive named EaseUS Backups.

So when I started the backup I had only to click on a button named, System Backup, (it has a Windows logo on it) and then look at the description, is shows what it's doing and where it's going to put it.

Then click on continue and that's it.

A half hour later my C:\ drive was all backed up.

I created a bootable disk using an option in the tools menu, tested it and it worked.
It immediately opened a window asking me if I wanted to boot into EaseUS or my hard drive.

When I selected EaseUS it opened the program window and had a big restore button that I needed to click on the restore my computer.

I notice that it also has a clone drive application and the options to back up specific partitions if desired.

All in all, it look like just what I've been looking for.

http://www.todo-backup.com/products/home/free-backup-software.htm

If it's this easy maybe people will do it for a change! LOL

Mike

Hi again.

I just discovered another feature of this program that I think is helpful.

The saved backup can be browsed in Windows File Explorer and individual files can be expanded and restored on a need to do basis.

You only have to right click on them and select restore to original location.

This strikes me as a big improvement over the list of image files that I get with other software.

EaseUSStructure_zps2d54b1e5.jpg

The final backup file uses about half the disk space and the expanded size of drive C:\ and includes the boot sector etc.
This is slightly larger then the backup created with Paragon.

Mike

Back
Top Bottom