Windows 7 Acer One ZG5 with Win7 having connectivity issues

bcarvalho

Hi all, I bought this acer one with windows xp installed from factory, then after my windows crashed I decided to install win7 on it, everything seemed to go smooth, then i noticed that any time I tried connecting to the internet whether it was wired, wireless, or using my verizon usb modem, it would first show me that the internet was being identified, then it would show the ! sign, and after a good 3 minutes I would finally be able to surf the web or have w/e kind of connectivity. I've searched the internet but had no luck coming up with an answer.

My settings are the following:
-Acer One ZG5
-All my adapter settings are set to the default, using dhcp.
-Im using win 7 pro GENUINE

BTW this was ever since win 7 was installed... I had no problems with xp... And I dont plan on going back to Win XP, unless its very necessary....

Thanks in advance
Bruno

Hello Bruno and welcome,

What type of disk did you use to install Windows 7?

Did you upgrade or perform a "clean" install?

Go here and select your particular Netbook and then the Operating System it requires the A0nnn information to determine whether or not there are windows 7 drivers available for your device. If there are, then make sure you update everything available, paying particular attention to bios, chipset, video, audio, as well as your wired and wireless cards.
Also consider what third party software product you have running like firewalls and AntiVirus / Security Suites that may be creating some problems. Also open task manager and select the processes tab and check the box that says show processess for all users and see if you have anything running called mdnsresponder.exe. If it's present, post make with a confirmation and we'll get you some information on how to deal with it.
Link Removed due to 404 Error

I just noticed this, when I turn on the computer, and it shows that there is connectivity, if I input www google com it takes about 3 min for it to finally take me to the page, but if I input google's ip 74.125.67.104 it will take me directly to google's page..... I've tried to set the dns manually, but still the same thing. So it seems to be a name resolution issue. I just dont know how to go about fixing this....

@Trouble, I have the Acer One AOA150, there is no support for win7 on their page, but all the drivers were installed during win7 installation... Im not running any antivirus, windows firewall is set to off, and I did not find the process mdnsresponder.exe.

thanks

Sorry to hear that, because I suspect you are on the mark regarding the DNS name resolution point and mdnsresponder.exe is often the culprit when that problem occurs.
Open services console by typing services.msc into the search box and hitting enter
Look at the very first entry at the top of the list of services, is it some strange looking string consisting of number and characters like##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B8 79762 ##
that's another indication of mdnsresponder running, if it's there double click and set it to disable as a start up type and click the stop button.
Also check for Bonjour service, if it's there same thing

Sorry to hear that, because I suspect you are on the mark regarding the DNS name resolution point and mdnsresponder.exe is often the culprit when that problem occurs.
Open services console by typing services.msc into the search box and hitting enter
Look at the very first entry at the top of the list of services, is it some strange looking string consisting of number and characters like##Id_String2.6844F930_1628_4223_B5CC_5BB94B8 79762 ##
that's another indication of mdnsresponder running, if it's there double click and set it to disable as a start up type and click the stop button.
Also check for Bonjour service, if it's there same thing

Neither of them....

Thanks

You're welcome and sorry.
Try safemode with networking see if the problem persists. It may provide some insights as to whether or not something running at startup is causing your problem.

Back