Windows 7 Acronis True Image 2010

lostsoul65

I'm using Acronis True Image 2010 and that is causingthe BSOD with file tdrmp251.sys. I'm not sure what to do about it because I can't find tdrmp251 inmy registry. I called tech support and they aren’t supporting 2010 and said toget 2013 which will fix the problem. They even have a trial and an upgrade. Theproblem is with 2013 they charge you for each computer unlike 2010. If Idownload the trial of 2013 it might work but if I upgrade then the filetdrmp251.sys might still be there. This is confusing to me so I might justuninstall 2010?

First it would probably be a good idea to make sure that you are using the latest build for Acronis 2010 (#7160 I believe), so sign on to your acronis account and grab that latest build if you don't have it already.
Second the driver you seem to be having issues with seems to be part of the Try and Decide applet package portion of the overall True Image application. I have to admit that while I have used True Image for years I have never actually used that particular part of the program. So I can only advise that while I am currently running Acronis 2013 (build #5551) on Windows 8 Pro RTM the only driver running on my system related to the Try and Decide portion of the product is
tdrpman.sys 8/30/2012 (Acronis Try&Decide and Restore Points filter) C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\tdrpman.sys
So my suggestion would be update to latest build and see if problem persists. If so, uninstall Acronis True Image completely from your system and see if the problem persists (make sure to check C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS to confirm that the uninstall removed your problem driver)
Then you may want to try re-installing Acronis 2010 "Latest Build" and see if problem returns before upgrading.
Regards
Randy

tdrpman251.sys was still there inC:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS so I deleted it. Everyone one on the Internet hashad a hard time deleting Acronis True Image 2010. I went ahead and deleted itusing the control panel and hope it's gone. There is a trial 2013 which I might download but I just dislike paying for6 licenses if I deciede to buy because it's all my own personal stuff.

Sorry to butt in here, but I have a suggestion.
I use an older version of Acronis myself.
But I don't load it on my system - rather I just use the bootable media to load it when I boot from it.
That way the older stuff doesn't load in Windows - so I have no problem with it.

I don't now why but Acronis loads the try and buy junk even on a full versions. I see 3 drivers for it on my system. The older versions are really difficult to clean up with the junk the leave behind too. Be careful what you delete manually some of it will prevent Windows from booting unless you get in registry and clean it manually. It would be nice if the Acronis will work that way I'll try that after I do my in place upgrade.
Joe

Sorry to butt in here, but I have a suggestion.
I use an older version of Acronis myself.
But I don't load it on my system - rather I just use the bootable media to load it when I boot from it.
That way the older stuff doesn't load in Windows - so I have no problem with it.

That was the question I wanted to ask. I can buy the 2012 version from amazon for $17 and I like Acronis. I don't want to load it on my computer so I'm wondering if I can image the C drive which is all I want to do and restore it with the CD they give you without loading the software on your compter?

Absolutely - that's how I do it at home!
I've only had one issue doing this - it was with an old Toshiba laptop (M45).
It wouldn't recognize a USB device, so I had to restore to saving the image on the Acronis Secure Zone (don't still know if they use that tool - it's just a special protected partition on the hard drive) - but it worked for me.

I'd caution against using old versions as you don't know their ability to support the new versions of File System drivers - but as with any backup, the true test is seeing if it'll restore properly.

Good luck!

I just tested my Acronis CD on my sister's PC that has never had TI installed on it and it does appear to boot and open OK.
Joe

Back