Windows 7 Aero Peek delay options

Delik

Hello,

i'm enjoying the windows 7 OS very much. And i'm making good use of aero peek.

But the 0.5 second or so delay it has (for example, hovering over a program or page on the taskbar), is driving me insane. I'd very much like to change the delay to less or instant.

I've looked everywhere, and i can't find any options at all related to aero peek. Could someone tell me where i can find this?

I'm hoping this doesn't have to be a registery job, as i have no idea where to start looking in that case.

Thanks in advance,

Delik

I don't know if it really makes much difference but the registry still has the menushowdelay option. The default is 400 and I reduced it to 10. As I said, I don't notice much difference.

I don't know if it really makes much difference but the registry still has the menushowdelay option. The default is 400 and I reduced it to 10. As I said, I don't notice much difference.
Thanks for your reply, i though it would be a registery thing.

Have you tried setting it to 0 or 1? And if so, did it make any difference?

I hope they will add some options for aero peek in the later builds :).

No, I figured if going from 400 to 10 didn't make a big difference another 9 or 10 wouldn't help. I'm no geek but the registry isn't too daunting. Type "regedit" in run, then use "find" under the "edit" item on the menu to search for "menushowdelay". Double click on the entry and edit it from 400 to whatever.

Back
Top Bottom