Windows 7 All Kinds Of Various BSOD's Please Help

I downloaded memtest and it booted,and it automatically started scanning so I didn't have an option for the number of passes went to configuration and still couldn't find any anywhere, am I missing it? It did run 1 std which I suppose is a standard test and it didn't have any errors. I have ran this program on other computers before but I thought I did have the option of number of passes. Any ideas, maybe I'm just missing something.

With the CD in the drive, or the USB key inserted, reboot your computer. Memtest will immediately start testing as soon as it boots. No attendance is needed. Let it run until at least 10 passes are completed, or errors are found (whichever comes first). The longer you run it, the better. 10 passes will take you approximately 10 hours.

I will try again but thats why I posted that last question is because it had stopped and it said 1 pass was through, but like I said I will try again and report back.

Well, if the settings are not right, memtest is useless ...

Give this info:

1. memory tab screenshot
2. spd tab of each RAM slot

Ok,

1. Timing Mode --> Auto
2. Memory Clock Value or Limit --> 667 (DDR 333 Mhz x 2)

After you adjust the settings, attach the CPU-Z tabs.

The only way I could get Memory Clock Value or Limit --> 667 was to change timing mode to Manual, I just wanted to mention I did do that and I am trying to still get the cpu-z and logs once I can get windows to stay on long enough to get them ran.

just an update the memtest ran 15 passes and didn't have any errors, I will get them screenshots up asap. Oh yeah the memory settings are still set at the 667 that you had me change them too.

I have been trying to get those screenshots but haven't been able to get them, is there any program that i can get this info that will run in safe mode, because that is the only way i can get the computer to stay on long enough to get this info and cpu-z won't give me the info we need in safe mode, I have even tried running it as admin. I did manage to get the screenshot of the memory section in regular mode, but did have time to safe it before the computer shut down. Well let me know,thanks a lot.

Try in normal mode. If it keeps freezing and crashing, then I guess you need to remove one of the sticks.

glad to see I am able to access your site again, haven't been able to for the last 2 days, anyway I did try one stick at a time and they both freeze or do the bsod by theirselves too. Last night since I haven't been able to access the site, I messed with it till 3 this morning. I did decide to intall my new video card I bought awhile back. I also did install the service pack you had listed on your site before that too. After installing my new video card though I was finally able to get all the nvidia video drivers off the computer without bluescreening, buttt I have kind of fan into a new problem. When starting up in regular mode and it says signing on my screen doesn't display right and it sorta looks like a checker board. I do have a power supply on the way, I don't know if that could be a part of my new problem or not. The computer does shut down after it goes to the checker board thing, but I can't see any blue screen or anything. I would really appreciate your input, thanks a lot.

just wanted to let you know I got it out, it was some corrupted operating system files so I just re installed windows again and it is working awesome. Thanks for all your time and effort.

just wanted to let you know I got it out, it was some corrupted operating system files so I just re installed windows again and it is working awesome. Thanks for all your time and effort.

Let's hope so, do not install any old drivers like your BIOSTAR one,
BS_I2cIo.sys Mon Dec 11 02:48:39 2006

me said:
The memory timings are set right 5-5-5-15-20. However, the frequency is not. It is running at 200 Mhz while it should at 333 Mhz.

If the memory is still this way, it'll crash again.

Back
Top Bottom