Windows 7 America's Army 3

Highwayman

Extraordinary Member
Just thought I'd mention America's Army 3 (Totally FREE GAME) is now available to pre-load on STEAM, goes live on 17th....

Category
AA3 Requirement
Operating System (OS)

• Microsoft Windows XP (with Service Pack 2)
  • Microsoft Windows Vista
Processor (CPU)

• 3.0+ GHz Single Core CPU (Minimum)
  • 2.4+ GHz Dual/Quad Core CPU (Recommended)
Memory (RAM)

• 1GB RAM (Minimum)
  • 2GB RAM (Recommended)
Video Card

• Direct X 9.0c compliant, Shader 3.0 enabled video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6600 or better/ATI X1300 or better) (Minimum)
  • Direct X 9.0c compliant, Shader 3.0 enabled video card with 512MB RAM (NVIDIA 7950 or better/ATI X1950 or better) (Recommended)
Sound Card

• Direct X 9.0c compliant sound card (Minimum)
  • Creative EAX 4.0 compliant sound card (Audigy 2, X-Fi series) (Recommended)
Hard Drive Space

• 5GB free hard drive space
Network

• Broadband Internet Connection
DVD-ROM

• 4x DVD-ROM (Disc Copies Only)

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: The America's Army authorization servers are overloaded due to the unexpected amount of players. If you download the game tonight or tomorrow (Tuesday and Wednesday), don't be surprised if you have trouble completing the training missions, regardless of your proficiency. The game isn't submitting scores quickly or correctly.

Tell me about it, too many idiots not preloading till day of release caused all the issues....I cant even get account logins setup due to the severe traffic jams on the server. It's Warhammer Dawn of War II all over again...grrrrr

Tell me about it, too many idiots not preloading till day of release caused all the issues....I cant even get account logins setup due to the severe traffic jams on the server. It's Warhammer Dawn of War II all over again...grrrrr

The Steam lag was caused by so many people pre-loading and downloading at the last minute. When you pre-loaded the game, it downloaded 50% of the files. Once the game was unlocked, everyone began downloading the other half. It's slowed down the Steam servers greatly. As for the actual America's Army login -- that would be caused by the overwhelming amount of registered AA users logging in and beginning training. Due to the high player volume, the America's Army authentication servers became overloaded. They are now down for maintenance.

To make it short, the Army was not prepared for this launch. Nor the servers or the network could handle all the requests. So much for Army Strong. :rolleyes:

Well thankfully nearly a week after launch the servers are running reasonably well, although its hard to tell whats glitches because of Win7 or buggy code in game till theres been more updates...

My only real issue seems to be if I swap servers the game freezes up and has to be reloaded, works 1st time no issues....odd but not terrible for zero day issues I guess

Well thankfully nearly a week after launch the servers are running reasonably well, although its hard to tell whats glitches because of Win7 or buggy code in game till theres been more updates...

My only real issue seems to be if I swap servers the game freezes up and has to be reloaded, works 1st time no issues....odd but not terrible for zero day issues I guess

About 90% of the time I'm not able to connect to a server without the game becoming non-responsive.

Latest update on steam cured the server join issues finally yeaaaa

The night the update was released I had to re-download the entire game because Steam wouldn't download the update. The update fixed all my problems at first but yesterday when I tried to play again the game kept freezing up again.

Well a week or so on and most of the big issues are fixed now thankfully...just waiting for the unlocks to be granted once they have rolled out the bugs

Back