Windows 7 Another Win 7 install hangs on Completing installation

Hydroxy

I've read through various similar threads but can't seem to get it going. So I thought a new thread specific to my machine/problem might help.

Some info beforehand.

Laptop did have Vista Basic x86 on it, now want to install Windows 7 x86 SP1 on it.

It's a Fujitsu Siemens AMILO La1703 - not modified since purchase
Product description Fujitsu Siemens Amilo La 1703
CPU / Processor AMD Turion 64 X2 Dual Core Mobile TL50 (1.6GHz)
Hard Drive Size 160 GB SATA hard drive 5400 rpm
RAM / Memory Size 1024 MB / 1Gb DDR2
Optical Drive(s) DVD Writer Multi Format (+/-R +/-RW) Double Layer
Network / Connectivity 56k Modem, 10/100, Integrated Wi-fi Wireless Capability
Audio / Sound 16 bit Sound / Built in Speaker
Screen 15.4 Inch CrystalView Widescreen
Additional 2x USB, Ac Adaptor, Battery, UK Keyboard
Condition Brand New
Battery Li-Ion Battery - 4 Cells/2200mAh

• How many internal hard drives (HD) are connected to your system?

• How many DVD drives are connected to your system?

• Any external HDs used?
No

• Have you pre-formatted the HD?
I've formatted the Partition I want to install Win 7 on

• Which build number and version of Windows 7 are you installing?
Win 7 Enterprise x86 SP1. Not sure of build number.

Installation Media
• Using a USB key? Yes (used Win 7 USB Tool)

There is the WinRE partition, the System partition which is formatted and the one I'm trying to install Win 7 on, and the DATA partition which is pretty much empty. System partition formatted via Win 7 install console.

Hardly used the laptop so pretty much no data or programs installed on it. I have formatted the partition I want to install Windows 7 on. It crashes on the first restart but when hard resetting and rebooting it continues to install no problem, but hangs on Completing installation (mouse cursor still moves and dots are moving). I've left it alone for an hour but no success, laptop is very silent, no HD noise, slight fan noise. Done this three times now.

Any ideas? Need anymore info from me?

Thanks for any assistance.

My guess would be the data on installation media is/has gotten corrupted. It can and does happen. You could burn an ISO to a DVD and install that way, mind you it's just the OS and none of the preloaded bloatware that comes with retail computers. This will only work as long as you have a legitimate product key. You can down load the ISO from here.

Link Removed - Not Found

My question: Is why would you want to use the Enterprise Edition...that's for commercial and industrial use to include big business's.

Did you run the Windows Upgrade Advisor on the system?

I agree with Bassfisher about the Enterprise edition. Since I have no experience with it, could it be modified for any specific application or require certain types of processors, like vPro chips? I also agree there may be some problem with the install media. You may want to try removing the flash drive during the first reboot.

The fact it crashes on the first restart is a bad sign. Possibly the hard drive is involved. You are actually formatting the drive during the install on the Partitions page, or just adding partitions?

Depending on your situation, you might want to try using Diskpart to clean the drive during the install, before you select Install using the Shift+F10 key to open a command prompt. This will wipe the drive..so if there is anything on it you want to keep, do not do this.

Diskpart
list disk
select disk 0
<-- make sure which disk is correct.
clean
exit
exit

Oh and what is the WinRE partition? On MBR installs, you may have a System Reserved partition, and an OS partition.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom