Windows 10 Answer File to Automate Startup of New Computer

iacohann

I am looking for some help/advice in creating an answer file to automate the first time boot of a Windows 10 computer. I prepare many of these computers for customers and would like to automate the process. How do I make an answer file to accomplish this?

You can create an answer file with Windows SIM Windows 10 deployment tools (Windows 10) once you have the answer file just put it on the root of your install usb and call it autounattend.xml.

Since these will have different product keys you'll just need to update the license key when you image another system.

You can create an answer file with Windows SIM Windows 10 deployment tools (Windows 10) once you have the answer file just put it on the root of your install usb and call it autounattend.xml.

Since these will have different product keys you'll just need to update the license key when you image another system.

Would this be the same for first time boot of a computer that already has Windows 10 installed? We get the computers with the OS preinstalled and the part I would like to automate is the language selection, keyboard, region, etc. We service pack many of these computers and it would be a time saver to be able to automate this process

Back
Top Bottom