Windows 7 Anyone can get Lightscribe installed?

hata28

Anyone can get Lightscribe installed?

Finally I got it installed and it's work! Need Help? PM me

Last edited:
well i can not get it working, so could you please post in the solution so me and everyone else can get use of it ?
thanks ..

Here are my instructions on how to do this with the installer from Lightscribe's website so you don't have to worry about downloading software from someone else:

1. Go here to download the latest system software: Link Removed - Invalid URL

2. Once downloaded double click on the *.exe file to run the installer. Once it gets to the "operating system is not adequate" error, leave the window open and do not click "OK" just yet.

3. You will now have to navigate to the temporary directory to where the MSI file it extracted is. This can be found in "C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp". In my case, it created a directory called "{494F8C6F-CB8A-4AF2-B85D-A238A88DB575}".

4. Copy the LS_HSI.msi file to some other location, then click on "OK" to that dialog box and the directory should automatically delete itself.

5. Next you will have to use a hex editor to edit the part of the installer where it checks the NT version. I used XVI32 which is freeware. Open the LS_HSI.msi file in the editor and go to the hexadecimal address "19C976" or alternatively search for VersionNT until you see 600.

6. Change VersionNT = 600 to 601. and save and exit.

7. The installer may complain about not having administrator rights for some reason. I am in a domain environment so I right clicked the installer and ran it as "Administrator".

8. Repeat the same process for the Template Labeler program. The hex address for the NT version is located at 57882.

9. Have fun burning labels again and be sure to thank the Lightscribe developers for making a stupid operating system check!

I haven't been able to get lightscribe working in Win 7 Beta either, I've tried the above mentioned solution but had no luck with it, I've also tried a couple other tricks but they didn't work either.. so I'm at a loss for what to do.. I imagine it's a simple driver problem though. And we'll just have to wait until there is a Win 7 lightscribe driver released... ;)

On the plus side, this is the only app I actually haven't been able to get working on Win 7 Beta out of about 200 so far.. so that's not bad all things considered... ;)

Enabling the admin account

The above method works fine (editing the lightscribe driver and template software to read 601 instead of 600). To get admin access, go to "Start" and type in "lusrmgr.msc" (You can also get there by right-clicking on "Computer," choosing "Manage" and going to user groups). Click on "users" in the left pane, and then right-click on "Administrator" and choose "Properties." You can then uncheck the box that disables the administrator account, logoff and log back in as Administrator. NOTE: it can be useful to leave the admin account active while trying out the windows 7 beta -- you never know when you might need it again. But if you do, you should go into user accounts in the control panel and set a good password for it.

Also -- you don't need the RAR-archived file linked above: you can get the software from Link Removed - Invalid URL.

Did you follow the instructions earlier in the thread about using a Hex Editor to change the "600" to "601" in the lightscribe installer code? In steps, I would do the following:

First, activate the Administrator account.
Next, log in as "Administrator"
Run the installer -- follow the instructions to change the "600" to "601" with a Hex Editor (see above in the thread for instructions)
That should be it. I'm having no problems with Lightscribe at all.

At last LIGHTSCRIBE DOES WORK.

Anyone can get Lightscribe installed?

My sincere thanks,your method works perfect.

I tried it and had the same results as a couple of others. A temp folder was not created during the attempted install. I'm wondering if the people who have made this work are using a different build of seven? :frown:

Okay I tried it again and it would have helped if someone would have mentioned to chage your folder view to show hidden files. Changed the string to 601 and got the you don't have admin rights and right clicked and no option for Run as Admin came up. I am logged on as Admin for my computer. I am not in a domain environment. Anyone know how to get around this problem?:confused:

Last edited:
I tried it and had the same results as a couple of others. A temp folder was not created during the attempted install. I'm wondering if the people who have made this work are using a different build of seven? :frown:

Okay I tried it again and it would have helped if someone would have mentioned to chage youe folder view to show hidden files. Changed the string to 601 and got the you don't have admin rights and right clicked and no option for Run as Admin came up. I am logged on as Admin for my computer. I am not in a domain environment. Anyone know how to get around this problem?:confused:
Yes....use the method downloading the file,then extract it with winrar,then run the set up.It works perfect and it is easy to do.

Downloading the file and changing the string is not the problem here. The problem is that I keep getting the "You do not have permision" message. I am the admin. I am the only user of this machine. I don't normally set up other accounts, why would you? But just to rule out the possibility that it is a glitch in 7 I created a user account, logged off and back on as admin. and still get the message. Also I don't get an option to run as admin when I right click on the installer. Arrgh!!

Downloading the file and changing the string is not the problem here. The problem is that I keep getting the "You do not have permision" message. I am the admin. I am the only user of this machine. I don't normally set up other accounts, why would you? But just to rule out the possibility that it is a glitch in 7 I created a user account, logged off and back on as admin. and still get the message. Also I don't get an option to run as admin when I right click on the installer. Arrgh!!
You don`t need to change anything.once you download the file extract it using winrar.
Then go to the folder it creates and install the lightscribe software and template software.
THE FILE YOU DOWNLOAD HAS ALREADY BEEN MODIFIED.

Last edited:
No you still don't get it. I have done that and I still get the permissions error. I DL'D the RAR and tried to install it and I still got the permissions error. For some reason 7 is not seeing me as admin. although I log on as that. SO anybody have a new approach to this minor aggrevation? :confused:

Worked for me - many thanks...now if I could only do same to the driver for my HP C4270 printer....

Here are my instructions on how to do this with the installer from Lightscribe's website so you don't have to worry about downloading software from someone else:

1. Go here to download the latest system software: LightScribe - Downloads - Windows

2. Once downloaded double click on the *.exe file to run the installer. Once it gets to the \"operating system is not adequate\" error, leave the window open and do not click \"OK\" just yet.

3. You will now have to navigate to the temporary directory to where the MSI file it extracted is. This can be found in \"C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\". In my case, it created a directory called \"{494F8C6F-CB8A-4AF2-B85D-A238A88DB575}\".

4. Copy the LS_HSI.msi file to some other location, then click on \"OK\" to that dialog box and the directory should automatically delete itself.

5. Next you will have to use a hex editor to edit the part of the installer where it checks the NT version. I used XVI32 which is freeware. Open the LS_HSI.msi file in the editor and go to the hexadecimal address \"19C976\" or alternatively search for VersionNT until you see 600.

6. Change VersionNT = 600 to 601. and save and exit.

7. The installer may complain about not having administrator rights for some reason. I am in a domain environment so I right clicked the installer and ran it as \"Administrator\".

8. Repeat the same process for the Template Labeler program. The hex address for the NT version is located at 57882.

9. Have fun burning labels again and be sure to thank the Lightscribe developers for making a stupid operating system check!

Looks Good So far for Some...

You might want to ALSO consider using Pando it Instalsl Perfectly Under Vista Compat mode & has NO Issues as of Yet...

Enjoy !!!
Drone1x

Worked for me - many thanks...now if I could only do same to the driver for my HP C4270 printer....

Last edited:
Back