Windows 7 Anyone else having trouble with SuperAntiSpyware updating?

catilley1092

Extraordinary Member
This is the 2nd time within a week that this issue has arisen. Whenever I try to update SAS, or the Pro version does on it's own (I have 2 Pro versions), it appears as though it's updating, twice. Like there's going to be 2 updates.

Then, after the updates are finishing downloading, there's 2 red stripes across the update interface, saying that the update process failed.

This has happened on 2 different computers, different partitions on each. It's not my primary protection, but I do run it daily to scan & remove tracking & ad cookies, it has caught a trojan every now & then, when I used to use free antivirus protection.

Anyone else noticed or has this issue? The other time was last week, I forget the day.

Cat

This is an ongoing issue. Several times this has continued, even with the 2 Pro versions that I have. Here is one thread on SuperAntiSpyware's forum describing the issue:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

This thread is on it's 4th page, and still ongoing. However, the solution is there also, not a permanent one, but it can be updated.

SUPERAntiSpyware.com - Database Definition Information

This works only if the latest version is installed. I was at least glad to find some kind of a way to update until the issue is fixed. As you can read in the thread, the SAS team is aware of the issue & is working on it.

Cat

Back