Windows 10 Anyone else having issues with Edge ????

brkkab

Excellent Member
I'm curious if anyone else besides me has been having issues with Edge, since last night?
For me all of a sudden as of last night when I open Edge it loads and then crashes/disappears from the desktop where it was opened at.
No homepage loading or anything, just a almost immediate crash.
I look in Settings > Updates & Security > Troubleshoot and Microsoft has no Edge troubleshooter there.
Does anyone know of them having a downloadable Edge troubleshooter on their website ?

Same here, admitted I don't use it much but it's been fine when i have. You tried running DISM Keith?

kemical: No, what command for it ?
After posting I ran the Windows Defender Offline Scan. It only runs a quick scan on restart. No malware found.
I then ran Bitdefender Total Security's Rescue Scan and it also found nothing.
Weird, I had Edge as the default and it was working fine until around 8:00 P,M. lsat night.
I've tried it nymerous times today and it still crashes before the home page (Bing) show's anything.
IE, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Windows Update, Store, Steam, Uplay, Origin, GOG Galaxy and anything else that uses the internet all work fine.
It's just Edge that doesn't.
Switched back to IE as default until Edge works again.

kemical: No, what command for it ?
There you go Keith:

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

kemical: sfc/scannow found no issues.
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth gave a error seen in the screenshot.
sfcscannow.PNG
dismonlineciresthea.PNG

I put my flash drive in with the Windows 10 17134 files that the Media Creation Tool made.
No clue how to point dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth to it.
On my pc the flash drive is drive G:.

Back
Top Bottom