Windows 8 Anyone know how to add options to the "Send To" dropdown.

MikeHawthorne

Essential Member
Microsoft Community Contributor
Hi

I was messing around with how to use Agent Ransack to search and then add files to Dropbox.

I wanted to make a test folder to try the process on so I didn't have to delete them afterwards, and I found that I don't know any way to add a folder to the Send to option on the right click menu.

If you use "Send to to the desktop" it creates a shortcut, the option to send to Dropbox is there, installed when I installed Dropbox.

But what if I want to create a new location and have it show on the Send To menu?

Is there a way to do that?

Mike

Hey Mike, try asking nmsuk....he's a big dropbox fan and uses it everyday.

Hi

I have a "Send To" option to send stuff to Dropbox.

What I want to know is, if there's a way to setup a new location of my own on the right click dropdown "Send To" list.

I.e. can I make an entry for a specific folder like "My Photos", My Music or an arbitrary folder that I create myself.

I'd show an image but the one thing that the snipping tool won't do, is save an image with a menu open, and Fraps doesn't work in Windows 8, from the desktop.

Mike

I think Mike wants to add places to the "send to" drop down list and was just using dropbox as an example - if that is the case then you need to identify this folder:

C:/users/<username>/Appdata/roaming/microsoft/Windows/sendto

You should find it filled with shortcuts to all the things in your sendto list. Just drag a shortcut to any location you want into the folder to add that location to the list and it will appear there.

Back