Windows 7 Anyone know how to get a xfi card to work with windows 7 64

bowman1268

I was running 7 32bit but upgraded to 64.After the upgrade now my pci xfi is giving me trouble.Here what I have tried so far.I tried uninstalling the the windows driver and installing the latest creative drivers.I tried disabling the the onboard audio.I tried changing pci slots.I tried running the 7 troubleshooter it redownloaded the driver which
made it produce a staticey garbled sound.Then after uninstalling the driver and went back to the onboard sound which then would not work.After a system restore I have gotten the onboard working again but still can't get the xfi to work.Does anyone know of a fix for the xfi cards?

MS have reported this hardware as incompatible with Windows 7. Apparently the problem occurs if you have more than 4GB of RAM installed. There are two possible solutions - one is to reduce your RAM to 4GB (which rather defeats the object of running 64 bit). The other is to try a third party driver which you can download here:

SB X-Fi Series AuzenUAA Pack 1.0 (OUTDATED) - Creative Labs

I've gotten it to work with the MS windows 7 drivers, but it took me the longest to get the Utility's to work.

Back