Windows 7 App data folder size

blackage138

I recently found my hard drive to have grown hugely in terms of memory usage.

On closer inspection, it seems my app data file - usually hidden under 'documents - is more than 10 Gb in size.

I have no ideal what the app data folder does and whether it is important?

Is there any way I can trim the size to add some peformance to my computer?

Any help and advice is appreciated.

App Data folder is normally in your User Directory and cannot be deleted. If yours is located in another location, what in it is taking up the 10 G and do you show an App Data folder under Your User?

App Data folder is normally in your User Directory and cannot be deleted. If yours is located in another location, what in it is taking up the 10 G and do you show an App Data folder under Your User?

Yes, it is in the user directory - but my question is whether it is normal for it to be 10 Gig in size?

All you can do is narrow it down until you find it or do a search for large files.

If you right click on the AppData folder, the properties shows 10 G. There are 3 folders inside AppData, so you can narrow down which folder is the largest. Just keep going that way until you find one or more very large files. Presently my AppData folder shows about 1 G.

It can grow depending upon your installed programs. Mine is about 80Gb, but upon inspection of the folders, it is under the roaming directory > Apple Computer. It is actually my backup files for itunes (which I use to backup my Apple IPhone). If you have a similar situation, all but your current iPhone backups can safely be moved to an external drive with significant savings to your AppData folder.

David

Hi

My AppData folder is 2.3 Gigs, and has 3 folders in it.

Local Most of the stuff is in here and has info from my games and other installed software.

LocalLow Some Apple and Microsoft stuff.

Roaming. More stuff related to installed software.

Mike

Back