Windows 7 Apple Mobile Device Helper has Stopped Working

bristy

whenever open my i-tunes it's keep saying that apple mobiel device helper has stopped working; and now i can't even download any songs.

same thing happens to me. could somebody tell us how to fix this? without uninstall/reinstall -ing of course

whenever open my i-tunes it's keep saying that apple mobiel device helper has stopped working; and now i can't even download any songs.

Hi Bristy,

could you give us some details on what your running.. Machine spec and os (32 or 64 bit) would be great thanx

Mine Is Doing This Aswell!
I Really Do Prefer Itunes Over Windows Media!
I've Tried Un Installing Re In Stalling All That Jazz
But It Just Keeps On Coming Up, It's Really Fustrating I Can't Update My Ipod!!
Somebody Please Help Me!?

Just uninstall apple mobile support in program's and features worked for me (vista hp sp1)

I need help with this also...I have uninstalled and installed so many times it is iritating me...I dont see anything listed like this in the Programs...Any additional help would be appreciated...

For the last two unregistered posters, here is a workround.

1) Leave the phone in restore mode and close iTunes.
2) Open up the device manager.
3) Scroll down to USB (Universal Serial Bus controllers..) and open that group.
4) Look for your iPhone. It should be the first device listed and will be called something like apple, restore, iphone or something that you'll recognize as the phone. 5) Right click it and choose update driver.
6) Tell the updater not to search for it, click next.
7) On next page choose install from a specific location. Click next.
8) In the 'Please choose your search and installation options' window,
choose 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install' and click next
9) In the next window choose Have Disk and browse to the Mobile Device Support's driver folder.
10) Choose the restore driver it shows and finish up the driver updating.
If iTunes doesn't show your phone in restore mode next time you open iTunes then restart the Apple Mobile Device service and reopen iTunes.

I dont have the iphone or the newer ipod touch..i have the older ipod....now what?

i am having much problem with my ipod and my pc. it says that it has stopped working!

I just removed the apple mobile helper from the list in programmes and features and it stopped.

I did the same thing and it stopped for me also. I have Vista

I'm really frustrated this has happened to me to and I tryed to follow super bill's steps but i get stuck at step 6 and it won't work. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

I've been having the same problem since I downloaded the new itunes.

To make it stop, go to:

Control Panel
Programs
Uninstall a Program
And just uninstall the apple mobile helper device.

How silly of apple to not fix that glitch...

uninstalling apple mobile support worked for me (vista 32bit)used revo uninstaller.

The best fix is: find the iTunes application (".exe") file, right click, select "run as administrator."
The annoying popups ["AppleMobileDeviceHelper....] no longer appear.
DO NOT just remove the Apple Mobile Device Helper" program. If you do, your iPhone won't be recognized. Trust me, I did it.
No need to remove/uninstall then reinstall iTunes.

Bill L
Foster City, CA

Back