Windows 7 Apple Mobile Device Helper has Stopped Working

This works for me, If you have followed the directions of the others on this topic about deleting the Apple Mobile Device Helper, it may only work for a short time if you use anything other than an iPod Touch/iPhone,you will have to uninstall iTunes if you use iPod Touch/iPhone, reinstall it then follow his directions. Now Re-open iTunes, plug your device in, and see if it works.

I tested an iPod Nano without Apple Mobile Device Helper installed, it worked for a minute.

NOTE: If you let those pop-ups keep on appearing, your PC might crash!!!!

Good Luck-----------------If that does not solve your problem, then I don't know what will!!

P.S. the Apple site does not have any topics of this occurance, WEIRD!!

Oops! I forgot 2 add my name!!

-Johann 15yrs old
how to pronounce my name - yo - han -

Fox Lake, Illinois

Proud Owner of iPod Nano 2nd gen 2gb
and iPod Touch 8gb

this is why I hate updating my itunes, I just uninstalled device helper and its working for me as well. Vista here

Superbill, you rock! I have an iPhone and of all the help pages and forums I read your post is the only one that worked. Thanks.

For the last two unregistered posters, here is a workround.

1) Leave the phone in restore mode and close iTunes.
2) Open up the device manager.
3) Scroll down to USB (Universal Serial Bus controllers..) and open that group.
4) Look for your iPhone. It should be the first device listed and will be called something like apple, restore, iphone or something that you'll recognize as the phone. 5) Right click it and choose update driver.
6) Tell the updater not to search for it, click next.
7) On next page choose install from a specific location. Click next.
8) In the 'Please choose your search and installation options' window,
choose 'Don't search. I will choose the driver to install' and click next
9) In the next window choose Have Disk and browse to the Mobile Device Support's driver folder.
10) Choose the restore driver it shows and finish up the driver updating.
If iTunes doesn't show your phone in restore mode next time you open iTunes then restart the Apple Mobile Device service and reopen iTunes.

this did not fix the problem at alll....
and there isnt a area to click dont search on the updater non of that showed up
this is retarded im about to through my comp under a bus

this did not fix the problem at alll....
and there isnt a area to click dont search on the updater non of that showed up
this is retarded im about to through my comp under a bus

First of all I've used iTunes and I hate it. (It's a pain in the ass.)
I have done all of what SB has suggested before and it does work.

I don't have these issues anymore sence I started using WMP to sync with my iPod :D

DO NOT UPDATE YOUR iPod's FIRMWARE!
10 July 2008: Update on iPod/iPhone software 2.0

Note: This applies only to an iPod touch or iPhone

With the release of the new iPhone 3G and the iPhone/iPod touch firmware 2.0, Apple is trying once again to lockout third party applications by adding a protection mechanism to the iTunes database.
If you upgrade to software 2.0, the iPhone or iPod touch will not show any music when synced with Windows Media Player, and iTunes will ask you to restore the iPod.

thanks bill. you're suggestion really works.

The best fix is: find the iTunes application (".exe") file, right click, select "run as administrator."
The annoying popups ["AppleMobileDeviceHelper....] no longer appear.
DO NOT just remove the Apple Mobile Device Helper" program. If you do, your iPhone won't be recognized. Trust me, I did it.
No need to remove/uninstall then reinstall iTunes.

Bill L
Foster City, CA

hey thanks on the solution for the apple moble device helper uninstalling the driver worked on windows vista home premeium sddition
when did this prob start to occur any body

Apple mobile device helper (had screen that was poping up tring to find a solution)
Solutions to this problem were posted by

Bill L

Foster city, CA

THANX Bill Appreciate it
Jesse G.
Wilm De

Bill L is a God. i was about ready to throw my laptop out the window. what he says works perfectly. i couldnt b happier

It still didnt work for me. Nothing. I tried all. I need serious help.

I haven't had this problem before but I downloaded I guess the newer Itunes and it keeps on saying Apple Mobile Device Helper has stopped working every time I go in and it doesn't go off until I exit. And I dont know how to delete the device either PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help me!!!!!!! I am about to go crazy.

The best fix is: find the iTunes application (".exe") file, right click, select "run as administrator."
The annoying popups ["AppleMobileDeviceHelper....] no longer appear.
DO NOT just remove the Apple Mobile Device Helper" program. If you do, your iPhone won't be recognized. Trust me, I did it.
No need to remove/uninstall then reinstall iTunes.

Bill L
Foster City, CA

Neither way has helped me. and I dont wanna pay to sync my ipod 4gb nano to stupid windows media player

If you do not won an I phone uninstall the the apple mobile helper program

Bill's solution doesn't work for me and I have an Iphone so I can't erase the Helper. Any other ideas????

Bill L. You're a awesome, THANK YOU. I removed Itunes, AMDS, did everything Apple said to do multiple times. Turned it off and on several times in the systems program. Nothing worked. I even restored my Iphone. NOTHING! Tried Bills way, worked perfectly! was able to listen to Itunes, Restore my phone again, and buy music. Only thing is, it defaults back whenever I put Itunes back on. But thats ok, I'll just do this everytime I go to Itunes, until Apple decides to fix it. Come on guys make sure this stuff works before you start a new version. So lame!!!!! This was my first negitive experience with my Iphone and Itunes, and it really pissed me off. I spent 6 hours trying to figure this thing out. Should I bill Apple? I pay good money for my Itunes and for my Iphone. Shouldn't have to be such a pain in the butt. You would think Apple would show a little more compassion for the comsumer.
Thanks Again Bill L.

I've got an ipod and when I uninstalled the mobile device itunes refused to recognise the device at all. Is there anything to solve this?

I just did the uninstall in the programs and that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for the help!

Back
Top Bottom