Windows 7 Apple Mobile Device Helper has Stopped Working

This message is for Bill L. THANK YOU SO MUCH for posting the solution to the "apple mobile device helper" I tried it and it worked first thing! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

The Issue I was having with this with itunes 8, was that i kept getting SPAMMED with errors from applemobiledevicehelper.exe that it had stopped working as soon as i plugged in my Iphone 3G to the USB and itunes started up and syncing began.

Solution: Went to Control Panel and found the Apple mobile device helper installation under Control Panel ===> Programs and Features and right clicked and pressed repair....NOW it diddnt work the first time, but i did not give up:p and I went crazy and tried it again:p..hehe and WHABLAM problem solved!!!

My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Regards

Roger Zimmer

Simplefying life is devine!!!

I had the same problems and i couldn't get any advise that worked, so I just opened up my computer, then opened C: drive, found itunes under programs, and used the compatibility tab to run it as if using windows Xp, and just like that my problems were solved, no need to use extensive troubleshooting.

This worked for me!!!

Hi everyone, after many days and nights cursing I found a thread Link Removed - Invalid URL and basically, did the following:
On your C: drive, open up Program Files.
Then Common Files. Then Apple. Then Mobile Device Support.
Then open up the "bin" folder. Highlight all the files within the "bin" folder and delete all. (I was informed not to just delete the "bin" folder but instead delete the files within the folder.) There should be only 2 files that can't be deleted. The guy told me the files that were in the folder just backed up stuff on iTunes and that it wasn't important to iTunes or iPhones or iPods.

Now try opening up iTunes 7.7 and the AppleMobileDeviceHelper error should not pop up.

I then made sure that my iPhone would still be able to sync to iTunes and all. At first a message pops up that it can't connect, but just cancel it and keep your iPhone plugged in and it will still sync.
Hope everyone can get the happy ending I got :)

Regards from Mexico

After way too much and unnecessary fiddling and diddling and research, I finally managed to get my Vista version of iTunes (8.2) to communicate/sync with my iPhone without crashing (usually, “AppleMobileDeviceHelper has stopped workingâ€Â￾). To do this I had to (1) except/exempt iTunes from my antivirus software (Kaspersky); AND (2), set iTunes to always run “as administratorâ€Â￾.

To accomplish the latter, I went to the iTunes.exe file location and right clicked to get to the Properties dialog. I then clicked on the Compatibility tab to get to the check box “Run this program as an administrator.â€Â￾ All well and good.

But now, …

Even though “run as administratorâ€Â￾ is, by definition, a “Privilege Levelâ€Â￾ setting and NOT a compatibility option, every time I load/run iTunes, I get nagged by the following so-called “compatibility modeâ€Â￾ error message:

“iTunes.exe has been set to run in compatibility mode for an older version of Windows. For best results, turn off compatibility mode….â€Â￾

Well now, compatibility mode is in fact NOT checked for any earlier version of Windows!

I reported this nag bug at the Apple website but without much hope that I would get a reply much less any action. If anyone else has a way to kill this nag, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

It worked! Thanks!

The Issue I was having with this with itunes 8, was that i kept getting SPAMMED with errors from applemobiledevicehelper.exe that it had stopped working as soon as i plugged in my Iphone 3G to the USB and itunes started up and syncing began.

Solution: Went to Control Panel and found the Apple mobile device helper installation under Control Panel ===> Programs and Features and right clicked and pressed repair....NOW it diddnt work the first time, but i did not give up:p and I went crazy and tried it again:p..hehe and WHABLAM problem solved!!!

My OS is Windows Vista Ultimate 64bit.

Regards

Roger Zimmer

Simplefying life is devine!!!

this is how i fixed the issue sync is not working

Alrite im new to this whole iphone revolution but got the whole synch error when i converted an mp3 to be a ringtone follow steps i found on http://www.clone2go.com/doc_pdf/free-create-custom-iphone-ringtones.pdf and got the ringtone from my mp3 into my itunes ringtone folder. But when i synched my iphone got the whole synch error.
The way i got around was under DEVICES click on my phone's name and on every tab (apps, ringtones, music, movies, etc...) i unticked everything and where possible selected manually select ringtones, music etc... saved it, synched it again and voila it worked.

try this see if it helps.

I was just scrolling through these forums when I came across SuperBill's post about going into the Device Manager, etc etc. I must say, I solved the problem of the AMDS by simply going into the manager's settings, located the USB hubs for my Apple iPod Touch, and simply "Updated" without the Have Disk button though. All I am full of is excitement, because my iTouch is back to normal again and without any problems syncing to iTunes! Thanks a bunch, SuperBill! :)

Last edited:
Hello!
You would just go to Mobile Device Support folder under apple which is under PF>common files
cut all the files w/o uninstalling mobile device support... (somewhere else just in case then I think I will delete them all now!)
Voila, it is the solution!

Back