Argh! 1628 error!

Ralph Bromley

Extraordinary Member
Okay so something went wrong with one of my apps, I want to reinstall it it but I am getting the 1628 error now.
The problem is NONE if the solutions I read online seem to apply for windows 10, most seem to pertain to windows 7 or 8.
I dont want to reintall the whole OS or roll back because of this error, but I am very tempted to go back to 7 as most of the instructions to fix it are for 7.

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
The error code means that Windows thinks the installer itself is corrupt. Download again and try again :/

ussnorway

Windows Forum Team
Staff member
Premium Supporter
May I ask, what the app does... there may be a new option or at least something to install as a stop gap until an updated installer for this app comes out?

Ralph Bromley

Extraordinary Member
The error code means that Windows thinks the installer itself is corrupt. Download again and try again :/
Yeah I tried that but it didn't work it just keeps on giving me an error message I can't do anything related to this app until this error goes away
May I ask, what the app does... there may be a new option or at least something to install as a stop gap until an updated installer for this app comes out?
The app is for my Gigabyte motherboard, its the gigabyte App Center. I have tried installing reinstalling and nothing happens except for the error code