Argh! 1628 error!

Ralph Bromley

Fantastic Member
Okay so something went wrong with one of my apps, I want to reinstall it it but I am getting the 1628 error now.
The problem is NONE if the solutions I read online seem to apply for windows 10, most seem to pertain to windows 7 or 8.
I dont want to reintall the whole OS or roll back because of this error, but I am very tempted to go back to 7 as most of the instructions to fix it are for 7.

The error code means that Windows thinks the installer itself is corrupt. Download again and try again :/

May I ask, what the app does... there may be a new option or at least something to install as a stop gap until an updated installer for this app comes out?

The error code means that Windows thinks the installer itself is corrupt. Download again and try again :/
Yeah I tried that but it didn't work it just keeps on giving me an error message I can't do anything related to this app until this error goes away
May I ask, what the app does... there may be a new option or at least something to install as a stop gap until an updated installer for this app comes out?
The app is for my Gigabyte motherboard, its the gigabyte App Center. I have tried installing reinstalling and nothing happens except for the error code

Back