Windows 7 ARI Radeon RX2600XT Fails file transfers ubder Windows 7

Morpheus101

I have a MSI RX2600XT video card. The problem I'm having is while file transfers the dsisplay starts to flash and I need to reboot after long file transfers. This is also not allowing me to backup at night becuse the file is 30GB in size.

After a long period of trying different things I installed my old GForce 6800GT to test. The file transfers are good now with no problems and all seems well.

What could be the problem. This has effected EVERY release of Windows 7 that MS has released. I keep tryuing new releases with the same end result. It's happening under both 32 and 64 bit installs.

My ATI RX2600XT card boasts PCI Express and I see newer cards boasting PCI Express 2.0. Someone pointed out that there was a problem early on about the PCI-E bus having problems. Is this still the case.

I'm wondering if I need to buy a new video card. However I'm worried that using a PCI Express 2.0 card will result is the same type of file transfering problem.

I don't know what the GForce 6800 has but I don't thionk it's a PCI Express card?

You mean the MSI is your motherboard, correct.

have you looked for updated drivers to the ATI card?

I'm not sure I'm understanding what file transfers have to do with a video card. Could you clarify and give some details about your system

Clemens,
In order to troubleshoot your problem we need to know more detailed specs of your system hardware.

1. Go to Start > Run, and type msinfo32. then expand the Components tree and choose a device
2. Go to Control Panel > Device Manager and look for any entry that has a yellow flag beside it.
3. Download System Information Viewer
4. Download PC WIZARD 2008
5 Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

Ok, I've updated my stats. I installed the latest ATI drivers and the latest hardware drivers with no luck. I've also tried the ATI drivers from Windows update and the windows 7 hardware drivers from the fresh install and nothing has worked.

I installed my GForce 6800 and did a new install and Windows 7 transfers a 43GB file with no problems. Windows 7 with my ATI RX2600XT card get particially thru and the screen goes black then a few minutes pass and it reappears and then goes back black. I'm unable to intervine after this starts.

Vista works perfect wth the ATI RX2600XT card so I'm very puzzled as to why Windows 7 has a problem. This has always happened with every release of Windows 7 up to 7137.

Right now I'm back on my Vista install. It's not much trouble to install Windows 7 as I can reinstall Vista back in less then 15 minutes.

Thanks fro the info.

I can't understand why a video card would be causing problems transferring files?

Are you swapping cards or do you have two installed?

Is this a "clean" install or and upgrade and are you dual-booting?

I would suggest you run chkdisk and defrag on your hard drive.

It also may be a problem with th ISO.

You could try burning a new one at the slowest speed possible and use a good quality DVD.

I've completed a clean install and an upgrade and it doesn't matter.

This same thing has happened from the first release of Windows 7 thru 7137, so, it can't be an ISO problem.

The hard drive has been defragged, and also reformatted.

I don't think it's a Video card problem. I think it has something to do with cached memory from the copying procedure over writing the allocated memory area for the video card?

The other thing is; the dialog box showing all the info stats hanging around 2/3 the way across, and showing time left. After I reboot I can look at the file and it has fully transferred. The file has no problem transferring in Vista and the file is a backup file that is used to restore my system back to Vista from a Windows 7 install.

I can't recall if I had problems with a single file, but I did have the same problems when moving a directory with a size of 4.38 GB..

What is is hard drive transfer rate in your performance Score Index?

I can't recall if I had problems with a single file, but I did have the same problems when moving a directory with a size of 4.38 GB..

What is is hard drive transfer rate in your performance Score Index?

The score for primary drive is 5.9

The drive is partitioned into 2 LU's. Moving file from D>C or C>D causes the problem. I've also moved the file from a Secondary drive (E & F) to primary drive (C & D). I've also tried from a USB to primary and secondary to and from USB. Every combination has been tried with the same result.

I'm sure MS has reinvented the way memory is being handled in Windows 7 and its causing problems for some?

Here are the details of the error:
----------\
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7127.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 862316AC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7127
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

----------/

Top two things i would also advise are Do a diskfragmentation and install the latest drivers... also this may sound stupid but have you checked that your card is properly in the pci express slot and all cables are attached correctly, or has the pc been working just fine only when you installed windows 7 did this start happening?

Top two things i would also advise are Do a diskfragmentation and install the latest drivers... also this may sound stupid but have you checked that your card is properly in the pci express slot and all cables are attached correctly, or has the pc been working just fine only when you installed windows 7 did this start happening?

I've defragmented and installed the latest drivers several times with the same result. The problem appears only after Windows 7 has been installed. Works perfect on Vista.

There is a possibility of a defect in the card that Vista didn't see but Windows 7 is exploiting?

Go to Start > Run, and type eventvwr.exe.

Now click the System Logs and look for Error or Warning at the top of the list and post back with the EventID

Go to Start > Run, and type eventvwr.exe.

Now click the System Logs and look for Error or Warning at the top of the list and post back with the EventID

I already updated to 7137 and installed my nVidia 6800.

I ordered a new:
SAPPHIRE 100265HDMI Radeon HD 4830 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card.

Hopfully it will solve the problem. My 6800 gives me a score of 2.0

Thanks for your help.

Back