Windows 7 Artifact Issues When Waking Screen

realitykid

Hello! I've been having some concern with my Gateway NV59C26u laptop. Sometimes when I wake the screen, there will be artifacts on the screen. Not always, but sometimes. It never happens otherwise. Only when the screen has been turned off and then back on without shutting down the machine. Any suggestions as to why this could be?

It's one of those Intel HD Graphics cards that come with the first gen Core i3. The drivers are up to date.

Edit: A couple things I forgot to mention. This problem used to only occur when I locked the screen and then came back and it'd be on the login screen. But it moved to the desktop recently. And when I move windows over the artifacts, the covered parts will "erase" until the next time.

Last edited:
Hi Reality,

has this problem appeared suddenly or has it done it since purchase? Also as it doesn't appear to hinder you in any way I just wonder if it's much to be worried about. I guess the only way to find would be to ask another owner of the same lappie and see if they have the same 'problem'.
If your really concerned about this issue it might be worth contacting Gateway support which can be found here:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Hi Reality,

has this problem appeared suddenly or has it done it since purchase? Also as it doesn't appear to hinder you in any way I just wonder if it's much to be worried about. I guess the only way to find would be to ask another owner of the same lappie and see if they have the same 'problem'.
If your really concerned about this issue it might be worth contacting Gateway support which can be found here:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

I just posted a thread based on the same problem (waiting on mod approval) But I took a screenshot (no 'artifacts') and took a pic with camera (with 'artifacts'). I too have intel HD graphics. As soon as the mod approves my thread (titled Screwy Graphics) maybe somebody can help both of us.

I just posted a thread based on the same problem (waiting on mod approval) But I took a screenshot (no 'artifacts') and took a pic with camera (with 'artifacts'). I too have intel HD graphics. As soon as the mod approves my thread (titled Screwy Graphics) maybe somebody can help both of us.

Ok it has been posted So somebody please feel free to help us both out

Back
Top Bottom