Windows 10 ASPHALT 8: Airborne - CANNOT INSTALL UPDATE!! 0x80070003 ERROR :-(

Mateusz88

Hello My Friends!

I am Matthew and I am from Poland. I have a very Big Problem with my Asphalt 8: Airborne game on PC with Windows 10.

Few days ago I was playing with PowerShell on my Windows 10 on PC - I wanted get a download link of Asphalt 8 XAPP and I installed something - maybe old version of Windows Shop or old version of Asphalt8 or something like that - I don't remember, sorry...
And now I cannot update Asphalt 8!
icon_e_sad.gif
Please help me
icon_e_sad.gif
I don't know how to fix it.

J5CyIl2.png

I also cannot delete Asphalt 8: Airborne because he is not listed in APPS LIST in Windows 10 and I cannot see the icon of the WINDOWS SHOP - earlier it was on my start menu bar.

I also cannot delete Asphalt 8 through PowerShell. Please check the info:

8CkXNDb.png

Please help me, I know that I probably damage my Windows Shop but I don't know how to fix it...
icon_e_sad.gif
I have an information that the Memory of my Windows Shop is broken and automatical repair can't fix it
icon_e_sad.gif

Ocyymrk.png

I made a clear cache and full reset of Windows Shop by WSReset.exe with Admin Rights Two Times and still there is the same 0x80070003 update problem.

I think that my Windows is working good, but there is a problem only in Windows Shop or in Asphalt8 game because I remember that I probably download the oldest version XAPP and try to install by PowerShell in Windows - and then my Asphalt8 damaged and cannout update it from that time, and my Windows Shop is damaged I think.

Please write to me how to completely remove Asphalt 8 Airborne from my PC Windows 10 and how to completely remove Windows Shop so then I will reinstall it and I think that it will help.

error in DISM:

r4x4gyr.png

Link to the LOG of DISM:

Another ERROR in DISM - but now with another command
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess

OdOyTS5.png

New Dism Log:
new dism log.zip

Hi Matthew,
the error code actually relates to a Windows update issue and I wonder if running the troubleshooter it may help some?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/910336/windows-update-error-0x80070002-or-0x80070003

Also before you run DISM run an SFC scan to clear up any corruption:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.
In fact you can run the above a few times if need be.

Have a really good look through your Start menu, All apps section and you might find a link to the game. If so then right click on the icon and you should be able to uninstall it.

Something else you could try is running Ccleaner as this has a uninstaller and hopefully you'll be able to use it to remove the game.

My friend, these two options with DISM failed and cannot fix this thing with DISM.

I don't know how to delete WindowsApps by Ccleaner. Can you tell me?

I record a video showing problems with Asphalt 8 game:

Ok, Like I was thinking, the game Asphalt8 Airborne is not listed in the apps menu, please check the screenshot, only Asphalt Xtreme is on the list, Asphalt8 Airborne isnt.

zLyRwUQ.png

I can uninstall Windows Store but is it worth to do it? Please tell me my friend:

SMTKrru.png

I see you have Avast running, I would try uninstalling that first.

Also Asphalt Extreme may have something to with it so again try removing said app.

My friend, I was doing this 3 times in a row before I read this post and it didn't help me.

Run a search on your machine to see if it can find any related files or folders.

The last page you posted contains the actual game files:

Capture.JPG

You should be able find the game using this address especially as it's an 'exe'

Ok, so I must go to the folder where is game exe and delete all files manually? If yes, I was doing that and then, after manually deleted all files of the game, the game is still "installed" in Windows Shop and I cannot run it and cannot delete it from Windows Shop, I was doing this two times. If you want, I can record a movie about that and post here.

Well rather than removing try to get it going by clicking on exe.

Back
Top Bottom