Windows 10 ASUS 144Hz Monitor issue

Alright I'm back. I've tried what you suggested. I've plugged in an HDMI cable instead to see if it works, but in my Settings it only lets me go up to 60Hz. So that didn't work. However, I did get the ASUS MultiFrame tool working, no idea how though. It just launched up on its own.

The question is: is there actually no specific driver for the monitor, so Windows can display it as an "ASUS" monitor instead of a Generic PnP Monitor?

Alright I'm back. I've tried what you suggested. I've plugged in an HDMI cable instead to see if it works, but in my Settings it only lets me go up to 60Hz. So that didn't work. However, I did get the ASUS MultiFrame tool working, no idea how though. It just launched up on its own.
You have to use the supplied DVI cable in order to be able to change the refresh rate to 144Hz.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

The question is: is there actually no specific driver for the monitor, so Windows can display it as an "ASUS" monitor instead of a Generic PnP Monitor?
Why is it so important for you what windows shows? As far as I understood, your display was first sold on 2012, so this could be the reason it is not recognized by windows. But the only important thing is the driver shown in the Device manager. You could also try to update the driver from the Device manager.

You have to use the supplied DVI cable in order to be able to change the refresh rate to 144Hz.

Alright got the problem sorted out. I did a clean install of the GPU display drivers. Didn't think it'd work, but it did. Everything functioning as meant to. 144Hz looks marvellous. And yeah I was using the supplied DVI all this time by the way.

Anyways, cheers for the help pal, appreciate it

Remember about using the 'inf' driver and installing via device manager.....

Hi Romchik9007. Did you solve the problem regarding to VG248QE PNP GENERIC MONITOR?
I am with the same problem and a can´t fix it.

thanks!!!

Back