Windows 7 Asus G75VX Installed Windows 7 -now No Network Card dectected

Blackarachnia

I'm not sure if I did anything right!

ASUS - G75VX

I hated the Windows 8, created a partition and installed Windows 7 64bit Home -seems like Window 8 has disappeared (no big loss)

now I've stumbled all day trying to find out what to do to gain access to the network.

I have yellow exclamation points for:
BCM20702A0 (I think this is for the Blue tooth)
Ethernet Controller
Network Controller
PCI Simple Communications Controller
Universal Serial Bus controller

seemed logical to try and find the drivers for the network card, but I can't figure out what would be the right driver for it.

Of course, without access to the internet, I've got a very fancy portable clock and DVD player...

I've been bumming on the net since 8am this morning and just have gotten nowhere.

Getting this sorted will be extremely appreciated!!

Since I do not see any Windows 7 drivers offered for that system, you pose an interesting question. I will try to match up some devices with drivers, but it looks like you may have to go to an earlier model with the H77 chipset for drivers.

The PCI simple controller is probably the Intel Management Engine Interface.
The USB controller is probably a USB 3.0 controller, and probably ASMedia, or Intel...
You are probably correct about the Broadcom Bluetooth controller v4
The wireless adapter might be a Qualcomm Atheros adapter
The Ethernet controller is not listed by name, the older model may help.

There may be some utilities that can scan your system and give you drivers, I am just not aware of one. If you have the Hardware IDs for the devices from the properties-Details tab, we might be able to find the actual devices.

If you want to try to set up a dual boot, attach a picture of your Disk Management window, maybe we can help.

Also note that most pre-installed systems are set up for secure boot in windows 8, which may cause problems using Windows 7.

I don't really like Windows 8 either and normally run Windows 7 as my primary OS. However, it does work, but takes some getting used to.

ASUS pages give only Windows 8 / Windows 8 Pro as operating systems. Since manufacturers usually give, like, "Windows Vista, 7, 8", indicating the possibility for subsequent OSs usable, it may be you have a Windows 8 "only". ???

Like buying a Hummer, 35" tires, and trying to attach Mondeo (my car) tires 16". Won't do?

It might be doable with a BIOS downdate, but I doubt it. Hardware issue.

Best wishes, m8. :)

ASUS pages give only Windows 8 / Windows 8 Pro as operating systems. Since manufacturers usually give, like, "Windows Vista, 7, 8", indicating the possibility for subsequent OSs usable, it may be you have a Windows 8 "only". ???

Like buying a Hummer, 35" tires, and trying to attach Mondeo (my car) tires 16". Won't do?

It might be doable with a BIOS downdate, but I doubt it. Hardware issue.

Best wishes, m8. :)

Thank you.....but that's not what I was hoping to hear :(

Properties Details tab is useless, there's a drop down screen and the next section, under Value it states: ethernet controller.

I really wasn't interested in a dual boot... I found some instructions online about creating a partition and hoped that would had helped.

I really want nothing to do with Windows 8, I like so many things about this laptop except that. It's unfortunate that I didn't have the funds for a laptop with such specs until Windows 8 was everywhere....

Before installing Windows 7, have this from the Uninstall Control panel list/ what I tried to obtain from SPECCY:

Atherso Communication
intel Management Engine Components I7 3630QM Ivy Bridge 22nm
Graphics: generic non-pnp monitor 800x600 1hz standard VGA graphics adaptor

Is my dream futile? Should I see if I can factor restore it and return it to Best Buy? (yes, hate Windows 8 that much, plus my job doesn't support Windows 8)

Tell me what to do, please.... and thank you for your help!

this is a better solution I came up with...though I can't seem to do a factory restore: return G75VX to Best Buy & order G75VW (refurbished) from their website!

thanks for all your help, time, and concern!

Hi

I don't know if you tried a program like Classic Shell, which I use, but it does make Windows 8 bearable.

If I could do it over again I would have bought my new computer with Windows 7 Pro instead of Windows 8, and if it wasn't so much work I'd switch back.

But with Classic Shell it is 98% the same as Windows 7 for day to day use.

http://www.classicshell.net/

I'd also suggest that you install EasyBCD and see if you can get the computer to boot into Windows 8.

http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/

If you didn't overwrite Windows 8 when you installed Windows 7 then it should be easy to add it back to the boot menu.

If you do that and decide to remove Windows 7 and go with ClassicShell and Widows 8, be sure to remove Windows 7 from the boot menu before you remove it.

Mike

Last edited:
Hello Mike,

I really appreciate taking the time and writing out all those suggestions -I hadn't heard of Classicshell or the other link that you provided.

I returned it to Best Buy and exchanged it for this:
Asus 17.3" Refurbished Laptop 12GB Memory 1.5TB Hard Drive G75VW-DS71 - Best Buy

It just got to the point where I thought it's way too much trouble and it shouldn't be this hard. I think the one I am exchanging it for isn't a downgrade, it's got more hard drive, more memory already built in.... I'm actually feeling excited about having a new laptop again! I got to the point with the prior one where I didn't even want to look at it -like an ex! LoL

Again, thank you for your time and effort. Perhaps someone can benefit from the input.

Back
Top Bottom